Sign in to follow this  
andyherd

My VR hunt is over!!!

Hey,

I've been on the look out for a VR6 for a while now but after looking at two, I found this one in Essex.

4.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

It's a Mystic Blue Storm with 96k on the clock and fsh. The only problems it has are with the electric wing mirrors not working and the heater motor control also not operating. It had a gearbox rebuild last year and has generally been very well looked after. It could benefit from a least a front end respray due to stone chips but I'm thinking of going the whole hog and having a full respray done later this year.

To say I'm happy is an understatement!!! After owning it for just over a week I absolutely love it!!!

On the modification front I'm going to keep it standard and just replace parts with performance parts as they fail. It already has an AmD remap to take it to just over 200bhp.

Cheers

Andy

cheers guys

VR6 South i'm in gosport, r there any meets that go on down here?

I know, I recognised the scenery :salute: . I used to work in Sultan, and then moved on to Collingwood a couple of years ago :) Have you met up with Goldie as he was at Sultan?. I'm sure he's moved his Storm up north pending a nice trip on a submarine. The meets down here have seemed to have died a death due to lack of attendance. I'm sure something will crop up this year if we're lucky.........

I know, I recognised the scenery . I used to work in Sultan, and then moved on to Collingwood a couple of years ago Have you met up with Goldie as he was at Sultan?. I'm sure he's moved his Storm up north pending a nice trip on a submarine. The meets down here have seemed to have died a death due to lack of attendance. I'm sure something will crop up this year if we're lucky.........

yea i knew goldie but as you say he's been drafted to a submarine is faslane. are you going to any shows this year?

hi and welcome, you didn't happen to buy it off another Andy did you?

no, it was actually registered to the guys wife i dealt with. his name was dave. they lived in a place called aveley

the mud flaps and aero wipers were already fitted to the car before i got it, had to change the wiper blades today but only cost £20 from vw. was thinking of taking the mud flaps off but think i can get away with leaving them on, especially as i've no plans to change the wheels or lower it just yet

The only problems it has are with the electric wing mirrors not working

Have you checked the connector on the bottom of the switch? they dont clip in very well and sometimes just shake loose, mine didn't work when i bought it but just needed plugging back in.

The only problems it has are with the electric wing mirrors not working

Have you checked the connector on the bottom of the switch? they dont clip in very well and sometimes just shake loose, mine didn't work when i bought it but just needed plugging back in.

mine don't work either, never investigated it tho, as hardly ever move them.

how do i remove the electric mirror switch? i read the bit in the knowledge base but that was for the early style switch