Sign in to follow this  
fla

288 bolts

I've got a set of 288s. Dont have the carrier bolts, can i reuse the existing ones on the normal 280s? Just out of interest, would these be usable with the standard 280 discs? You would prob get a "wastage" of 4mm off the brake pads i would imagine though?

Carrier bolts?

The ones that hold the carrier to the hub, or the ones that hold the caliper to the carrier and let it slide?

The carrier to hub bolts ought to be the same. The carrier to caliper bolts are completely different. and are in the form of 2 pins with allen key heads that the caliper slides up and down.

Yes, I imagine you could put 280mm disks on, but I wouldn't be in a massive hurry to do it.

Yep, the ones to bolt it to the hub. Hopefully get some pics up shortly. BTW, the carriers have been painted, in fact even where the brake pads slide. The poads actaully still fit comfortably there. Is it better to remove the hemmerite entirely or just grease them in the brake pad channels?

Carrier bolts?

The carrier to caliper bolts are completely different. and are in the form of 2 pins with allen key heads that the caliper slides up and down.

Toad? You dont ahve a pic of this do you? Are you referring to the bolts with the rubber boots on?

I errr, sort of couldn't be arsed to go out in the rain to get an allen key, but the pins are basically a 2inch ish long pin with a thread at one end and an allen key head at the other. They screw into the carrier as seen in one pic, and the caliper goes over the top of them, with a rubber boot sitting around the pins allowing them to slide and to stop vibrations being transmitted. The boot covers the head and actually sits beween caliper and pin.

See my lovely pics with super dooper photoplopped arrows and illegible text (partly for comedy effect, and party because I am lazy.)

pretty sure the 280 and 288mm discs have a different offset (bellhousing sticks out more on a 280mm disc) so the smaller disc wont line up with the 288 caliper.