Sign in to follow this  
Philuk

Autoglym High Def Wax

I managed to leach some from the rep and i promised i would put something up on it when i did :) lol

I wasnt sure what to expect, being used to using the Dodo Juice stuff i wasnt sure weather to expect it to be outstanding.

it wasnt what i expected. it made the car shine, was SOOOOOOO easy to apply, bit of a bitch to get off but no harder than leaving any other wax a tad too long. but i found that it left oily sweeps on parts of the car. mainly the bonnet and the roof. then when later in the day i notcied i had missed a tad. i wiped it off and it left a massive streak on the car. it might be the fact that i just washed then waxed the car which is putting it ontop of the dodo juice. might be that you have to do a full autoglym wash/polish/wax setup to get the best results. i doubti will be buying it, i shall spend my money on the dodo juice lime prime and get another dodo juice or different wax.

it certainly did make the car shine but i knew there were little bits that i wasnt happy with

PICS

S7001116.jpg

S7001117.jpg

S7001118.jpg

S7001119.jpg

Conclusion

if you havent used any other waxes then its top banana. so easy to apply, laid out in plain english what to do and does exactly what it says on the tin

BUT

if you have used anything from the dodo juice range or anything that its roughly the same price or more i belive you might be dissapointed. not what i was hoping, i thought this might bring autoglym back to one of the top brands for products. but everyone is good at making certain things and it seems they havent sussed the wax imo. :)

you'd be better binning the prime lime and getting HD Cleanse. Its expensive but its much, much better for the extra £10 and it will last you a few years.

you'd be better binning the prime lime and getting HD Cleanse. Its expensive but its much, much better for the extra £10 and it will last you a few years.

.. OR save yourself a stack of cash and a stack of time, leave the car to rot then get it machine polished every five years... ;) LOL

hey whats this dodo juice like, never heard of it to the other day, and whats HD cleanse?

is these products better than megiar's??? as thats what im using at the moment. and what dodo juice product is best for my car, moonlightblue.

cheers

Chris L

hey whats this dodo juice like, never heard of it to the other day, and whats HD cleanse?

is these products better than megiar's??? as thats what im using at the moment. and what dodo juice product is best for my car, moonlightblue.

cheers

Chris L

Hi Chris,

The dodo juice is a very popular range of hard and soft wax's which are used avidly by some serious show car owners like, Andy665 & Goldie to name a couple, do a search and i'm sure there will be a link somewhere to buy it from.

HD-Cleanse is a product made by Zymol which is in my oppinion a truly stunning product and something i use too, as well as all other zymol stuff. As lee says its expensive but will last a very long time if used carefully

Any questions on Zymol drop me a pm :wave:

Chris - you can buy the Dodo juice waxes from:

www.elitecarcare.co.

Elite provide top notch service. Dodo do both hard and soft waxes to cover every colour, plus Double Wax and Supernatural.

Basically, soft waxes for instant bling but lower durability, hard waxes for a still great finish but more durability - I find two coats of hard wax followed by several layers of soft gives the best finish.

As is always the case though, the secret is getting the paintwork prepped properly, only then can any wax do its job as its maker intended.

Andy665

What would you advise is the best way to prep a car before polishing/waxing?

(By the way, did you manage to sell those alloys you were advertising a few months ago?

Thanks

Ask 100 people how to best prep a car before polish / waxing and you will get 100 different responses.

Personally this is my approach:

Jet wash to remove worst of dirt

Wssh using two bucket method, dry with good quality drying towel

Clay

Wash again and dry

Cleanse paintwork

Option here to wash again

Apply sealant if you wish - I use Jetseal 109

Apply polish

Apply wax, layer if you wish, ideally leaving 24 hours between layers. If using a combination of hard and soft waxes remember to apply the hard stuff first

Basically use common sense and you can't go far wrong.

Much easier to do if you have a PC or rotary polisher

In terms of products there are literally hundreds available, just look at www.detailingworld.co.uk but keep a close eye on your wallet