Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Riley's 225 quid Corrado valver - Sold.

:lol: Still not bad going there mate!

Done a bit more today, some good, some bad...

New bits:

Original beesting whip off the G60 to replace the rusty alloy thing.

Original orange side repeaters also off the G60 to replace the white ones.

And some passat door pins to replace alloy ones (they don't fit though)

Also some circlips to sort the non existent gear change.

radovalver30608.jpg

Can see circlip here...It now has a gearchange!

radovalver306082.jpg

Then i set about fully removing the alarm/immobiliser.

radovalver306084.jpg

Found these in the process, bonus! I need some new ones in the G60!

Built in remote wire too!

radovalver306088.jpg

Need a new gearknob/surround, it has holes/grommets.

radovalver306083.jpg

Then the not so good...Snapped gearbox mounting point!

radovalver306087.jpg

Neil.

Looking good (esp for £225!)

Can I buy the karman surround / gaiter / knob (I have a knob but without fitting ring and a damaged surround etc) from you if its just the 2 holes with grommets thats wrong with it?

PM when you get another - I'm not in a rush.

Nice one Riley! As I said in the for sale thread I'd have been fighting you for this if it had been closer to me! :D

Mind you, I think I've got enough on my plate with the G60.

You guys reckon that mount could be welded in situ? I know it probably can, but its only thin metal, especially with being a bit rotty like...May just look for another...

Looking good (esp for £225!)

Can I buy the karman surround / gaiter / knob (I have a knob but without fitting ring and a damaged surround etc) from you if its just the 2 holes with grommets thats wrong with it?

PM when you get another - I'm not in a rush.

Sure man, willgive you a shout if/when i sort one :)

Nice one Riley! As I said in the for sale thread I'd have been fighting you for this if it had been closer to me! :D

Mind you, I think I've got enough on my plate with the G60.

Im wondering if i should be thinking the same mate :lol: Well...I am but im not listening to meself :lol:

Neil.

Tell me about it mate :lol:

If anything, all the grief ive had with the G60 has given me some balls. :cuckoo:

Gonna try pick up a battery today so i can get it up to my unit and start sorting it properly...

Neil.

Just fitted a new battery to the valver...70 amp 8)

radovalverbatteryexpansiontank40608.jpg

And.....!

th_radovalverbatteryvideo406083.jpg

Oh and ive got a new expansion tank to stop the water light flashing...And the radiator started p|ssing water out where the clamp is :(

radovalverbatteryexpansiontank40-1.jpg

Can hear a slight whistle on tickover, its the intake boot (round part sat on top of air box)...so if anyone has one knocking about?

radovalverintakeboot406081.jpg

Neil.

Ya not wrong there mate :lol:

Its up in my unit now, bringing the paint back may be a challenge like...The pics really don't show how bad it is...

Pics of the brakes!

Front - Shame as they are grooved discs.

radovalver506081.jpg

Rear.

radovalver50608.jpg

Neil.

there doesnt appear to be anything wrong with those disks, you will struggle to find any that haven't got a good crust around the outside after a few thousand miles, nothing that cant be sorted with a bit of a scrape and some coarse sand paper or a wire brush, and the braking surface would be back to shiney after 5 minutes of driving.

Car looks like a complete bargain.

Hi mate, the pics are after collecting the car from manchester and driving it to my unit in burnley :lol:

The front ones are breaking away, even though they don't look as bad as the rears...The brakes just don't work at all but you can tell there is pressure applied when pressing the pedal with all the noise they make :lol:

Im about to go sort em out on the rear.

Neil.

Started on the rear brakes earlier...

New rear discs/pads/and two wheel bearing kits.

radovalver60608.jpg

Removed the old crap, and found that the back plates were a bit rotty!

radovalver606081.jpg

radovalver606082.jpg

3 of the bloody carrier bolts were fecked! So had to use the spline tool.

radovalver606083.jpg

Just been to pick 4 new bolts up from local tool place.£1.00 for the 4.

radovalver606084.jpg

I fitted the new bearings to the new discs, and ive left it at that for now while i check if the back plates are available, good thing is that the stub axles seem to be all good.

Neil.

Its good to see another red valver getting saved. I will watch with interest, it will give me some incentive to crack on with mine ! :salute:

Hi mate - i've got one of those intake boots off a 1.8 valver. Apologies for being a bit slow on the pic of the badge but if I get a pic tomorrow of both, how does £10 sound for both the badge and the boot?

Complete Bargin :salute:

Can I ask where you got the rear brake discs and bearing and how much, I need these items myself so a pointer in the right direction would be good :wave:

Hi mate - i've got one of those intake boots off a 1.8 valver. Apologies for being a bit slow on the pic of the badge but if I get a pic tomorrow of both, how does £10 sound for both the badge and the boot?

Jim, i think ive got a boot sorted mate...But if you could throw a pic up of both just incase?

No worries on the time mate, no rush... :)

Can I ask where you got the rear brake discs and bearing and how much, I need these items myself so a pointer in the right direction would be good :wave:

Sure mate, good ol' ebay...There's a guy on there doing rear discs/pads/wheel bearings for £40 inc p+p :D

Neil.

Sure mate, good ol' ebay...There's a guy on there doing rear discs/pads/wheel bearings for £40 inc p+p :D

Neil.

Think I'll be checking him out. My rear brakes aren't far off those tbh. Can I be cheeky/lazy and get his username off you? In a pm if you don't want to post it up. Cheers mate! :D

Hi mate - terrible pictyure i'm afraid. Best I can do without an actual digital camera! :(

The detail that you can't see - a hairline mark across the middle of the "1", a small pinhole mark in the paint on the top of the 6 and some very slightly fading of the paint on some edges of the characters but only slightly, and in the right light the surface of the paint looks mildly stonechipped all over as clearly its been on a car for a few years.

Looks fine though IMHO.. no big deal if you don't want it though! :)

Jim, makes us appreciate digital eh? :lol: Cheers for the pic mate :)

If you will happily take a few quid for it then ill take it off your hands, other wise id rather a mint one...plus the fact that this corrado is gonna need quite a few other bits and bats before a badge :lol:

Had a quick go with the random orbital and meguiars heavy cut cleaner earlier to see what im up against, hopefully the pics show how bad it is...

radovalverpaintcorrection13.jpg

radovalverpaintcorrection12.jpg

radovalverpaintcorrection1.jpg