Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

Best place to get a VR6 radiator?

Mine's just decided to spring a leak so will be needing a new one asap. GSF and eurocarparts are about £140 with VAT, just wondered if there was anywhere cheaper that anbody knew of?

Genuine is £132 trade inc vat and comes with the elbow - I wouldn't use any thing else, last muchlonger and much better cooling that pattern parts.

Get the VW part, much better quality. I got mine on parts club from the dealer for £118+VAT, they haven’t let me have parts club prices since.

Yep - VW radiators are definately the best. Fit and forget for another 10 years!

Get the VW part, much better quality. I got mine on parts club from the dealer for £118+VAT, they haven’t let me have parts club prices since.

You can still get Parts Club parts, but now you have to go via TPS.

I did have good luck when my g60 rad blow, went to GSF an hour after it blow and they had one in a customer special ordered and didn't collect. with my 10% off got it for £75 :clap: another hour later I had it in the car and was up and running again :clap: happy days

it wasn't VW brand but it hasn't given me any trouble and keeps the temps down to 80 - 90 instead of 90 - 100 with the old VW one

I got a GSF one for my VR - took it out the box and it looked so shonkey that I took it back and got a VAG one instead.

Bear in mind with the temps that you're comparing a 15yr old crusty VAG rad with a shiney new GSF one... but if it works, don't knock it.

mmmm shiney vag rad with gruvenparts elbow 8)

But the VAG rad comes with a new elbow...? :? :lol:

I brought a VAG rad 2 weeks ago. £188.00 for the sake of 40.00 your best off going genuine.

If you get a cheapo one. Ive taken the elbow off my old one, let me know if you need it mate.

I brought a VAG rad 2 weeks ago. £188.00 for the sake of 40.00 your best off going genuine.

If you get a cheapo one. Ive taken the elbow off my old one, let me know if you need it mate.

Cheers for the offer mate, but got the new one on there now! Ended up getting one from Eurocarparts as my mechanic ordered it in the end, seems all good though...

mmmm shiney vag rad with gruvenparts elbow 8)

But the VAG rad comes with a new elbow...? :? :lol:

i know, but i wanted a shiny one, i even bought the t piece which i don't actually need :lol:

I know this is an old thread, but I recon it needs a price update.

Phoned TPS and it was 170.03+VAT :(

Called into GSF at lunch time and believe it or not they had one in stock, its a new aluminium one made by Hella at £121+VAT, looked good to me but what do you guys think?

Not sure what the stealer will quote yet but I guess it will be the same as TPS as he told me VW had complained about them giving discounts to none trade.

So whats everyones thoughts?

P.S. can anyone get trade discounts from Leeds TPS?

I know this is an old thread, but I recon it needs a price update.

Phoned TPS and it was 170.03+VAT :(

Called into GSF at lunch time and believe it or not they had one in stock, its a new aluminium one made by Hella at £121+VAT, looked good to me but what do you guys think?

Not sure what the stealer will quote yet but I guess it will be the same as TPS as he told me VW had complained about them giving discounts to none trade.

So whats everyones thoughts?

P.S. can anyone get trade discounts from Leeds TPS?

Always buy the genuine part not a non oem part otherwise you will have probs

It's a classic case of 'Your Mileage May Vary' really.

I've consistently had bad experiences at the hands of pattern parts so generally avoid them where possible. For something like the radiator, for the sake of saving 20% on the price, I'd just buy the genuine item.

Just bought a new radiator, got a quote from a few places, £150-170 for a non genuine. Called into VW to get some coolant and asked for price, £176 plus VAT. Asked if that was best price? managed to get 2 bottles of G12++ and the radiator for £201. So for the extra few quid its worth going genuine for the reassurance i think!

Just thought id put an up to date price on here!