Sign in to follow this  
Dec

BMW 'Gina' concept

In this day and age with the amount of knives hoodies are carrying, wouldnt this be a prime target :lol:

Nice concept though.

I love it. Chris Bangle thinking futurospectively again as he did when he designed all those cars over the last few years.

It's a concept after all, but it's still nice to see the different ways the designers and engineers are thinking though. I hope to be doing the same some day.

yea you would need a puncture repair kit with that one....just in case :cuckoo:

It's a flexible material [PU-coated Lycra] on a movable wiremesh frame, so it's not like the "panels" are gonna tear off.

Well, I obviously don't know as much about lycra as you do! :lol:

Is that like "If you book them, they will come?"

Still say it's an awesome idea even if it is conceptual. Better than most of the stuff I've seen recently.

Those doors are incredible!

Question is, IF they reached the real world, what is the fatigue on the material like? Will it still look fresh in 5-10yrs, or will it degrade and just tear? Probably not their prime concern at this stage though :lol:

I'd imagine that if it's just a bit of cloth (not exactly, but in principle) then it's not going to be hugely expensive to replace...

Cloth? lol, i'd imagine its a ridiculously expensive polymer (and with added 'BMW' tax too)

Yeah, and one stone at motorway speeds and you have a nice tear in the front which will probably get worse as the wind flaps it about. Goodbye wallet!

However it is a thing of beauty and visionary thinking.

How would you wash it?

Nice to see the speed-activated spoiler making a welcome return :)

It's just a concept and I'm glad BMW spend some of their cash on this kind of thing - if even a portion of it improves car design/building it'll have been worth it.

I can't work out if Chris Bangle is a genius or a lunatic. Either way, it's very entertaining! I bet he earns a lot!

Yeah, and one stone at motorway speeds and you have a nice tear in the front which will probably get worse as the wind flaps it about. Goodbye wallet!

or mabey it will look as cool as the attom when the skin rips off :lol: or increase in value?