Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

second hand coilovers, worth the risk???

i'm desperate to sort my suspension out for both cosmetic and handling reasons but to do it well is expensive, but i have been offered some FK konigsports for £200, which wouldnt be my first choice anyways, but could be a good temporary solution..but was wondering if its worth the risk, have heard they are prone to seizing...what should i check before i do the deal??? are there any other 'risks'? they have been on the previous car for about 18 months but unsure of the mileage!

really not sure if i should just give them a go or save up a bit longer and get some new KWs or something... :help:

i would not even buy brand new konigsports, they are bloody hard even on the softest setting??

save up and get some weitec's, lovely suspension 8)

I bought 4 used FK's off eBay.de last year for 180euro,never had the slightest problem,a bit of rust on the secondary springs but that's all.

I bought 4 used FK's off eBay.de last year for 180euro,never had the slightest problem,a bit of rust on the secondary springs but that's all.

But its a bit wetter and colder here, they dont seem to last very long on UK roads.

I'd see if I could have a look at them prior to buying them. If they're in good nic then go for it.

ive had a look, they are very dirty but thats about it, tiny bit of rust..but other than that i dont really know what to look for???

If it's a tempory solution why not go for a set of new budget shocks/springs, you can get a decent Weitec kit for not much more than £200 which I expect would ride 10 times better than a 2nd hand FK kit.

Wait and save up for some better ones, you'll only regret it for the whole time you have cheap ones. It NEVER pays to settle for less.

ended up getting them..but only because they were really cheap..explained that for £200 i could get decent springs and shocks so ended up negotiating an offer i couldnt refuse..am sure they will do for now..hopefully!

well, got them all fitted and am really pleased with the results, ride is firm but very comfy and the handling is excellent, and it looks awesome..will have some pics up soon in my members gallery!