Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

stereo power help please

Hello

I've just fitted my old stereo in my new car, it works fine but it doesnt seem to have a permanent power going to it because every time I get in the car I have to save the radio stations and time again. Any Ideas? :shrug:

cheers KEmpy

Its a sony MEX BT2500. I have it in the ISO would it be easy enough to swap these wires?

PM Jon_vr6 and how he fixed mine. I can't remember, something like connecting a red wire to a yellow wire? I wish i'd been paying attention.

Yup - there will be a red wire and a yellow wire coming out of the back of the head unit and going into the ISO socket.

They will have bullet connectors on them, so all you have to do is swap them around.

So if they're red->red and yellow->yellow now, you swap them so they're red->yellow and yellow->red.

Easy :D

Stereo sorted cheers for the help :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I had this and ended up soldering the car's power and remote onto the hu's power as that was the only way I could store settings. Now the stereo works even without a key in the ingition! :lol: