Sign in to follow this  
g60karmann

Could you go electric?

Looks interesting, but I'd like to know how long they can run for once fully charged!

i like the sound of the brakes too, and also its tax-free apparantely, bet it costs a fortune to buy tho

i would deffo go electric if i could afford something like that, the torque and response of the engine must be awesome

It does:

"True to its name, the Lightning GT could be charged in approximately 10 minutes for up to 200 miles of motoring, which would make long journeys a breeze. "

15k deposit, I wonder if that is 10% of the total cost.

yep apparently the top of the range will be about £150k which isn't bad for a super car that will save you £350 odd a year tax, only cost 2.2p per mile and for those in London no congestion charge.

I love the idea of the motors on each wheel being indepentant so prefect traction on lift off and also they charge the batteries on braking!!!

10 mins for charging is about how it takes to fill up a 60 litre tank at the pumps at the moment and I have got as little as 250 miles out of it before :(

The part that made me laugh was the engine nosie selection... Today I want it to sound like I'm driving a JCB!!

I absolutely cannot believe how quickly this technology is becoming affordable we already have supercar electric performance for supercar money, the Tesla is looking at being £55,000 and they reckon a £30,000 version will be available in 3 years, and then this lightening GT with a 10min charge time!!! For all its faults, the human race never ceases to amaze me.

The 10 minute charge time requires a 3 phase supply btw, I cant find any mention of how long it takes on standard 240v

Oops, not many house have 3 phase in! Probably won't be long until power sub-stations will come along as a kind of car docking station to charge them up for you.

Solar panels on the roof too? :nuts:

for the amount of money saved a 3 phase convertor would be worth it for the the ability to charge your car in 10 mins you could probably get one small enough to fit in the boot or bonnet as there is no engine :)

0 - 100 in 8 seconds with the menacing growl of a milk float

ROFL.

I thought the company behind Tesla were having "issues" and getting the right gearbox was also proving problematic, with some stripping themselves with the enormous torque delivered by the motor.

0 - 100 in 8 seconds with the menacing growl of a milk float

like i said you can choose about 250 different engine sounds to go with your mood :grin: f40 / enzo / milk float / jcb LOL