Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

New Scirocco - a girlies car

I'm aware of 8 orders having placed for new Scirocco's in the three VW sites I have visited this week.

6 of the 8 have been ordered by women

4 of them have been ordered in white with truffle leather and comfort pack (thought it was supposed to be a sporty car)

3 of the 8 have been ordered by people trading in Touaregs

:confused4:

Atleast they are selling! and we might actually get to see one on the road to see what they are "actually" like :norty: I doubt they are gonna set the world alight to be fair, well not in the speed stakes anyway, modern cars are waaaaaaaaay to over loaded with gizmos and restriction

and the way things are going in the world of economics, i bet the mk6 golf is delayed further again, at least they can use all the R36 engines for the old sky rocket instead :grin: and make it a proper car :wave:

Mk6 Golf is on schedule, production will be starting after the factory Summer shutdown, on sale in UK from December

Weeeeeellllll, I've now seen one! :D At Goodwood. I'll be putting some pics up soon! Adn I think it looked fanatstic. It was the GT24 and not the road going one but I am so sold on it now.

Weeeeeellllll, I've now seen one! :D At Goodwood. I'll be putting some pics up soon! Adn I think it looked fanatstic. It was the GT24 and not the road going one but I am so sold on it now.

Yea until you see thats not what you actually get, stop fanticising over a girls car......

Yea until you see thats not what you actually get, stop fanticising over a girls car......

It woudn't take much to make it look like that though. A blue paint job, make it a little lower, and put an ironing board on the back. Easy. It's not in the remotest bit girlie. It's just more girls have ordered them so far. I'm a bit surprised how many white ones have been ordered though. I reckon it's because the press cars in all the uk magazines have been white.

Anyway, in conlcusion it's not a girls car. :p

My mum really likes my Corrado :(

Surely that just means your mum is awesome? I'm sure Toad told me that already anyhow.... :lol:

OOOOOH that was so tempting to put a "your mum" joke on.............

I think a lot of people will order it because its "new" a lot of people will order it because its NOT a golf, lets face it a lot of the new golf`s have been bought up and used as rep mobiles as they are cheaper than an equvilent BMW for the company car brigade

the mk5 golf is a nice car in gti form, but the lesser models are very boring, the scirroco has just added a bit of pizazz back in the line up if you ask me even if its only the 2 ltr,people like classy coupe`s and up untill the new scirroco the "best" ones were all Jap crap :pukeright: and VW have just filled a gap in their customer market since the corrado ceased production as the EOS was and is a complete flop and got no where near the look it was supposed to have had!!!

OOOOOH that was so tempting to put a "your mum" joke on.............

I'm a weak man.

I can't imagine they'll have any trouble shifting them. Especially with the proposed pricing.

Surely that just means your mum is awesome? I'm sure Toad told me that already anyhow.... :lol:

She was good, not a patch on your Dad though Sonicriot13, that was a fun weekend..... :wink:

She was good, not a patch on your Dad though Sonicriot13, that was a fun weekend..... :wink:

My Dad spends more time with you than he does with me. :( :lol:

Is always the same when new models come along, I remember everybody slating the Mk5 before it was out. Personally I think its great and will look a lot better in the flesh.

It would seem to me to be one of those cars that will need very little done to it to make it very appealing, a bit like the Corrado.

I think it looks awesome! I'm good mates with one of the Salesman at my local Stealers so hopefully he's gonna blag me a drive as soon as they get their Demo :grin: :clap:

Does anyone know when they're due in the dealerships? I went down to my local one at the weekend to try and find out but as usual nobody seemed the slightest bit interested in talking to us so we gave up and walked out.

Was at Inch VW Motors in Bathgate, West Lothian today picking up Corrado part, and there, sitting on the forecourt bold as brass, was a maroon new Scirocco! (I imagined they would all be 'under wraps' for a big September 1st launch or something?). Apparently just arrived with them yesterday - I wonder if all dealers the same? - going to check others near me this weekend.

This is first time I have seen one and I have to say, it does look much better in the flesh than in pictures and quite stylish from a lot of angles. Still feel it looks a little 'uncomfortable' from a couple of angles though, in a similar way that, for instance, I feel a Mazda RX8 does. I think this will probably improve with familiarity though.

From pictures at least, it looks a heck of a lot better on the move than it does stood still. Looking forward to forming a real verdict on the car over the coming weeks as I see more of them around, at the dealers, etc.

This months EVO has a UK road test of a German Scirocco 2ltr turbo. Compared against the R3 RX-8 and 123d. They like it, and in DSG form did 60 in 6.2secs from what they recorded.

It does actually look good on the move, i drove past a blue one the other day and i was impressed. I dont think it was a purchased one, perhaps a demo of some sort as didnt think they were on sale yet?

A stealership in Epsom have just got a Scirocco in... I'm loving the colour! I've seen pictures of it in white and I really didn't like it but seeing it in darker colours may have just twisted my opinion of it somewhat...

P200808_1040.jpg

P200808_104001.jpg

P200808_1041.jpg

P200808_104101.jpg

P200808_104102.jpg