Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Fuel Prices Drop

About bloody time! From what I heard on the news this morning it was only the supermarkets dropping the prices initially, but it does seem that they drive the big name forecourt prices so it'll only be a matter of time!

"Should fuel suppliers and retailers appear to be dragging their feet we will seek to expose this."

Fuel companies trying to screw the consumer? Gasp. I'm sure they wouldn't DREAM of doing a thing like that!

Lets hope it keeps coming down for the 1200mile round trip to Karmann that people are heading off on soon. :D

And there was me about the sell the C and get a Prius....... :wink:

About bloody time! From what I heard on the news this morning it was only the supermarkets dropping the prices initially, but it does seem that they drive the big name forecourt prices so it'll only be a matter of time!

"Should fuel suppliers and retailers appear to be dragging their feet we will seek to expose this."

Fuel companies trying to screw the consumer? Gasp. I'm sure they wouldn't DREAM of doing a thing like that!

True but the government are far worse when it comes to making money off fuel duty and VAT :(

I just use my NUS card, £1.00 a litre :salute:

Now how many of you believed that :lol: The 5p off every litre for spending £50 in store is a really good incentive though, I've used it a lot even when petrol wasn't very high in the past when doing Bi-monthly (isn't that a magazine? :scratch: ) shops at ~£50 a pop.

Most likely this is the supermarkets doing yet another loss leader on cheap fuel from dodgy suppliers and trying to kill off the local competition from the mainline fuel retailers.

Am I too cynical? I doubt it.

I might have to put some petrol in the VR this month sometime ... you never know ...