Sign in to follow this  
flatg40

cnc head for G60

Hi everybody,

I am interesting in buying a CNC head for my rado G60, but I would like to know if there are drawbacks with this head.

Is the fuel consumption a lot higher ?

Is the engine noiser ?

Is the engine more difficult to use in classic drive ?

My car is a daily, and I would like an engine as smooth as the original one, but with more BHP 8)

So is all good with this head ?

yeah but these heads will allow the mixture in and out more effiencently so prob helping mpg when drivem lightly.

Remember with power comes less economy :lol:

I've got a G-werks cnc head on my G60, had it nearly a year now.

1. Not noticed much of a raise in fuel consumption.

2. No difference in engine noise.

3. every bit as smooth as the original and no difference in driving characteristics until you you drop the pedal to the right, that is followed by a big smile and rapid acceleration.

It beats vxr's.type r's.octavia vrs's.clio'182's. and all manner of other quick cars, which i'm very happy about !!

I love it and think it's been worth the extra money.

Thats my view on the G60 CNC :salute:

The only thing I would say is to go thru G-werks as a supplier as Darren does some extra checks and finishing on the stuff as it comes thru...

I bought one direct from CNC and was very disapointed with the finish, especially as I paid extra for the hand finish etc... it arrived painted with overspray all over the place, over the injector seals (£2 each from VW so peanuts compared to the price of the head) and also paint inside the cam caps (on the bearing surface), the water flanges had severe corrosion to the outer surface too so had to skim these with black silicon!

The excuse I was given from Ric Wood was that it was an exchange head and not new and that the paint on the injector seals would help them seal, I knew this was bollocks and also spoke to my local Bosch injection centre as I was getting the injectors ultra-sonically cleaned and they agreed, also called Dave 'man in the shed' Crissell about it and he said it was unbelieveable - tbh his heads are not flow-tested but the finish is second to none and half the price, I'd happily loose a bit of gas flow for a better finished product.

Mine seems a bit more responsive but is still running hotter than it did before so I'm now worried that I have a standard GTI head - ie no sodium filled exhaust valves... :?

I also had to make a couple of follow up calls to get my exchange deposit back after sending the head back as 'they didn't keep my credit card details', extra hastle and not a small amount of money as the surcharge was over £400 - another reason to go thru G-werks!

ok thanks for the advice !!

but how to contact G werks by email ? I am in France

I sent them many mail but no answers.

Are they in hollidays ?