Sign in to follow this  
moneypit23

Indicators not working

Typical, fixed one ot two things and something else goes AGAIN!!

This time it is my indicators, they suddenly stopped working driving home the other day so i changed the fuse (17) and it was all good. The key was in the ignition but the engine wasn't running when i chanaged the fuse but the next time i drove it, it happened again.

Is this due to a dodgy earth wire or bulb and what do i look for?

If anyone can help me i'd be really grateful as i can't drive it without indicators (ok for beemer pilots but not for me) and i really need a car this week.

Thanks, Kate

Well worth checking the relay - that was the problem when they stopped working on my Aqua Blue G60, sometimes the relay can just work loose so before investing in a new one check that its fitting properly - can't remember which relay controls the indicators but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm

Bump for this where is this relay and is there anything else that could be causing the fuse to blow the dash has been out recently to replace the heater matrix if that makes any difference??

Any help much appriciated needs sorting asap

Jon

Hi there this sorta happened with me, my indicators weren't flashing and the lights on the dash just stayed on (didn't blink) I thought it may have been whats been suggested above but i tried turning the hazard lights on, which made the indictators works fine, and now they work as normal no problems!!??

Very odd thing but at least they work okay now. :)