Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

how to remove front hubs off a VR6...

is this correct, anything else i should know...

Bottom ball joint

Track rod end / steering ball joint

Brake caliper

Drive shaft nut

Two strut bolts

what do i do about the ABS or anything?

ABS just plugs into sensor on hub knuckle. Just unplug.

If your driveshaft has never been removed before, VW put some kind of uber powerful loctite on the splines so you may need a puller to get the hub off the driveshaft. Dont bash it with a lump hammer and drift as it can distort the end.

If your driveshaft has never been removed before, VW put some kind of uber powerful loctite on the splines so you may need a puller to get the hub off the driveshaft. Dont bash it with a lump hammer and drift as it can distort the end.

Been there before :brickwall:

Can be done if not tooooo seized in if you use something in the center to hit rather than just whacking the splines which will just distort.

Can be done if not tooooo seized in if you use something in the center to hit rather than just whacking the splines which will just distort.

Yeah, I bashed 7 shades out of mine with a lump hammer and drift being veruy careful not to go near the edges/threads.

It eventually came out, but the end of the shaft had "belled" out, I had cold-forged the end of it into a different shape so I couldn't get the nut back on on re-assembly. Had to tickle it with the grinder and use a thread file to get it back on.

The moral of the story is to use a puller if its not moving after a few taps.