ChrisKnottIns

THE CORRADO FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover, & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call!

(I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 & please don't forget to quote 'reference 784 – Corrado Forum'!

i rang up for a qoute on a G60 with the usual mods, stage 4, sns, suspension, exhaust etc 28 FNCB etc etc and you were by far one of the most exspensive... very nice and efficient but by no means saving me a average of 15%...!

to be honest i was shocked at exactly how much i have been qouted recently..

Pity. i realise we can't please everyone but we are insuring a lot of people. Even today, the team tell me they are flat out insuring new customers so we must be doing something right!

well i was interested in how you work it out because you want more money for a G60 with only suspension, stage 4 charger, sns chip. with a 28 year old owner 9 years no claims and 3 points living in wiltshire.. than you do for a 23 year old with 3 years no claims running a 300 bhp turbo'd valver!!!..i cant see how that works out really!!

well i was interested in how you work it out because you want more money for a G60 with only suspension, stage 4 charger, sns chip. with a 28 year old owner 9 years no claims and 3 points living in wiltshire.. than you do for a 23 year old with 3 years no claims running a 300 bhp turbo'd valver!!!..i cant see how that works out really!!

i always got raped on insurance too, yet a friend who lives in the roughest estate around here, who been banned for drink driving before and has no, no cliams pay half of what i do, an di have 3 years no claims, no points and bin driving 4 years :cuckoo:

Oh dear, not looking very competitive for my renewal and my VR6 is standard... The search continues...

I have to eat my own words - Chris Knott did end up being the cheapest quote i managed to find, only by £2 but they did manage to bring down my excess down to a reasonable amount and were much more friendly and human on the phone than my previous insurers! So, semi-thumbs-up, although still could do with it being a bit cheaper!

I'm due for renewal soon. I always seem to end up paying well above average despite an untarnished driving history, a garage, driving nearly the crappest performing Rado, and living in a decent area! Will be sure to give you guys a call in the coming months to see what you can do.

I have just had a quote from direct line which was the cheapest by far. £1110.90,fully comp. Im 21,been driving 4 years, 1 years no claims, dad on as a named driver, no points or accidents. Thats for a Vr6. Im currently with admiral and the renewal quote they quoted me is £1180, third party fire and theft! is there any other young corrado drivers out there?? how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking??

well i'm with adrian flux £650 fully comp 40 y old with 1 years no claim and 3p speeding and 3p red light driving a G60 with the usual mods chip stage 4 exhaust i did get a quote from chris knot who was cheaper but flux matched it when i rung them up to get proof of no claims so on this occasion i stayed with flux due to bank dd all setup but got to say it was a fair quote !!!

The scheme really took off in 2008 - better than we expected - so thanks to those of you who insured on it.

We look forward to being of service in 2009 as well.

We've had a good start to 2009 already, even better than last year which was an exceptional year for us.

If you're renewal is due in February, please don't forget to ring us and quote the club scheme reference number shown in my signature below!

I'm guessing you guys are (if you can excuse the pun) snowed under with insurance claims today. Just tried ringing for a quote and just sat on 'ringing' noise for about 5 minutes! :( Will try again in a bit..

Rang again and after about 4 minutes of ringing the phone was picked up and then cut off.. :|

A GOOD REASON TO PHONE US IF YOUR RENEWAL IS DUE IN MARCH!

March is generally one of the busiest months of the year for car insurance.

There are a few reasons for this -

Firstly, the new car registrations come out so plenty of new cars to insure.

Secondly, this means that people who buy new cars, sell their existing ones which are then bought & insurance is needed for them.

Thirdly, a major insurance company went bust in the early 1970's in March which left a lot of people without insurance meaning they had to get new policies immediately. There were long queues outside brokers with people waiting to get covered! This means that many of the affected, older generation still have March renewal dates!

And on a totally personal level, we have just had our record week since we instigated these forum insurance schemes so we must be doing something right!

Therefore, if your renewal is due in March, please feel free to give us a call and don't forget to mention the club scheme reference number found in my signature below or in my initial post which started this thread.

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile.

Just a quick note to thank those of you who have tried the club insurance scheme.

In March, we have recorded our best ever week for club 'business' - nearly double that of our previous record set in February, which was remarkable in itself! I had to recheck the figures myself!

This is all due to the fact that people on sites like this have rung us & taken out policies. We must be doing something right!

Just to let you know our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am till 5pm & Saturday morning, 9am till noon.

(Please don't forget to quote the club scheme reference number when you ring for a quote).

Hot off the press!

In 2009 so far, we have saved our new customers a recorded average of £60 (£60.10 to be exact!) off their BEST quote, not just their renewal price, but their BEST quote!

In fact, so successful is the scheme that we have taken on additional staff & next week we have a meeting to look at taking on further personnel!

So, if your insurance is due in the next few weeks, please give us a call freephone on 0800 917 2274 (or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile) and don't forget to state the club reference number found either in my signature or in my introductory post when we first set up the scheme. Insurers find that club/forum users are better 'risks' statistically so make sure you mention the club!

Don't forget to check the criteria you must adhere to, e.g. age, etc.

Just to let you know that I'm away next week (20-24 July) & 24-28 August so if I'm a little tardy in replying, you'll know why!

Please continue to post your experiences on here. We've had a great year so far, taken on more staff - twice now (!) - and streamlined our system to cope better so it's good that we can help you!

One club actually complained that we had so much positive feedback/testimonials on our email, that it took them ages to open it!!!

When ringing for an insurance quote, please don't forget to quote the club name and/or reference number found either in my signature or in the original post of this thread.

Have you guys got any plans to offer classic / limited mileage policies in the near future? I can give you a specific example of what I mean if it would help based on a superb policy I took out with another insurer a few months back! Would love to give you my business but you just don't do a policy that works for me :(