Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

5th gear - put it on now

Mk2 16v Golf, standard to start with tested speed on the short track. They are now going to mod it and see what they can improve on.

off to the telly now...

damn, all the way to the adverts and it's not on till after them,

like the way they called the mk2 16v 'one of the Worlds best cars' though :D

Always fancied an oak green late 16v mk2 golf. I hope they don't do something poo like stick an airfilter on it. :roll:

Ok, admit it, who's going to ring up and enter the competition to try to win it!

Great to see Tiff throwing a 16v about again, that thing revved cleanly to 8000 rpm didn't it :notworthy:

Already made a space for it on my driveway for when I win it. 8) I was a bit skeptical about 50bhp extra until I saw them rev it to 8k :eek: Yep an extra 1000rpm will give you more bhp. :lol:

Entered the contest - a great haul to be had there!

Should be stuck on Youtube in a few days - the Scirocco item was up there the next day!!

Only caught the last minute where he did the lap. What did they do to it? Oh and Ive entered as well.

TSR did new suspension, some lumpy cams, bored to 1.9, fancy pistons and rods and presumably removed the rev limiter, I'd imagine the head had a little bit of work too.

They reckoned 185bhp which sounds about spot on for a strong fettled valver, would make a loverly track day car.

anyone got an idea when the repeat is on?

Paused the sky+ when my brother rang but the missus changed the channel....... :bad-words:

Only caught the last minute where he did the lap. What did they do to it? Oh and Ive entered as well.

TSR did new suspension, some lumpy cams, bored to 1.9, fancy pistons and rods and presumably removed the rev limiter, I'd imagine the head had a little bit of work too.

They reckoned 185bhp which sounds about spot on for a strong fettled valver, would make a loverly track day car.

Sounds good and glad they kept they kept is essentially a 16v. Strangely about the only two VW's that I havent owned are the Mk2 16v and a Mk1.

Strangely about the only two VW's that I havent owned are the Mk2 16v and a Mk1.

You've owned a Phaeton?! :)

;)

Im glaod they kept it a 16v. Strangely about the only VW's I havent owned is a Mk2 16v and a Mk1. In fact Ive never even sat in a Mk1.

Not sure I'd want a car after its been rebuilt then had the t*ts ragged off of it by Tiff, but going to enter anyway. The man knows how to abuse machinery.