Sign in to follow this  
AB

roof rail/trim

hi just wondered how these come off and are the rubber seals still available from vw as mine have broken up really badly.

thanks for your help.

These have been discussed at length.. but in short you have to buy them as complete parts from VW (you can't just get the seals) and expect to pay about £100 for the pair :|

Hi, you have to pry the rear end cap off with a screwdriver, then they'll pull out of the groove in your roof, then the front cap will unhook.

Cheapest place to get the original VAG roof rubbers is www.gpcvwaudi.co.uk .... about 35 pounds each i think, get 2 new end caps as well.

And I'd heard they're obsolete, VW don't have any any more.

Had some from VW last week.

Look slightly improved from my originals as well. :confused4: Dont seem to have the lip that crumbles quite as prominently all seems a bit thicker somehow?

Maybe they made some more. Perhaps if enough people ask they'll make some more VR6 badges too, and door handles, and window seal strips, and heater controls, and early bonnets.. and .. and .. ??

Got mine from an e bay seller (les bray?) around £80 last year. They were genuine VAG issue (not that I know of anybody making copies!)

They do seem better made than the originals but I'll confirm that in 2019 :wink:

Maybe they made some more. Perhaps if enough people ask they'll make some more VR6 badges too, and door handles, and window seal strips, and heater controls, and early bonnets.. and .. and ..

Karmann still have all the presses for things like bonnets, etc - now if VW would only put in an order....

hi just wondered how these come off and are the rubber seals still available from vw as mine have broken up really badly.

thanks for your help.

Just trim the rubber part off the plastic with a sharp stanley knife.

Makes it look miles better and cheaper and easier than replacing unless you are going concours.

what are the seals for?? it wont get an anoying whistle when on the motorway or anything will it?? lol

what are the seals for?? it wont get an anoying whistle when on the motorway or anything will it?? lol

Supposed to stop rainwater collecting in the channel. They dont work, as you probably know, still get dripped on with the window open and when getting in after rain.

I haven't had any annoying noises after removal on either of my corrados.

theres a post about this they have redone them with some black silcone looks sweet and cheap to. have a go im going to do it with mine.