Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Corrado Design...

Not many things annoy me about the design of the rado. Just washed it this morning in prep for winter storage. and yet again it's that little pool of water that collect just under the the rear number plate on the rear valance that I always forget about it. it happenend on both C's i've owned, is it just my cars ?

I luv my C really moan over......

not just you buddy.

It annoys me too. You finish polishing and take it our for a spin and the water dribbles off and leaves watermarks on the bumper,

It annoys me after just washing and polishing my Corrado and as you drive off you a get a a trickle of water run out from the roof rails and down the window.

I spend ages trying to soak it all up when dring but you can still never get it all.

Dont wipe it dry, get a leaf blower (cheap one from B&Q) and use that to blow dry the car instead - less damage to the paintwork through scratching with the drying process.

Dont wipe it dry, get a leaf blower (cheap one from B&Q) and use that to blow dry the car instead - less damage to the paintwork through scratching with the drying process.

Whilst I bow to superior cleaning and polishing techniques, should we be worried about you blow drying your car. I think you need to show us your hair, to see if that's where the idea came from................

A Concerned individual.

:D :D

Whilst I bow to superior cleaning and polishing techniques, should we be worried about you blow drying your car. I think you need to show us your hair, to see if that's where the idea came from................

A Concerned individual.

:D :D

I don't blow dry my car, no need to even dry it as the water is very soft at home.

However, there are some detailing types nearby, well Aberdeen, and a company there called Polished Bliss (which produces some frankly stunning results) and they recommend the blow drying process.

As for my hair there isn't enough of it to justify anything larger than a flannel let alone a hairdryer :)

I got a garden blower, I might try drying it with it once, but not out on the road where I'd be seen.lol

Exactly /\/\/\

My neighbours think Im odd enough as it is.

I can just hear them behind the curtains,

"ere, That bloke is washing his car in the rain again?"

or

"He only cleaned it last week! whats wrong with him?"

As for my hair there isn't enough of it to justify anything larger than a flannel let alone a hairdryer :)

Good idea that! Think ill try it on the roof rails & hard to reach areas after Ive given it a quick once over..... nice one :clap:

You use a garden blower for the hair in your pic?? :D

The rails REALLY do my head in esp when the window is down when you go for a drive & yoou get dribbled on! :mad2:

Exactly /\/\/\

My neighbours think Im odd enough as it is.

I can just hear them behind the curtains,

"ere, That bloke is washing his car in the rain again?"

or

"He only cleaned it last week! whats wrong with him?"

PMSL Same with Mine as well!

Am going to sneak next door one day and "Detail" a small patch in the middle of his Fiesta's bonnet! :lol:

Vag-Hag, I've just bought some door "wind deflectors" from Germany, to try and stop this, let you know how they go! Plus it hopefully means that I can also drive with the winows cracked open in the rain and not mist up so badly! (as I used to with opening 1/4lights on the Air-cooleds!)

I find best way to stop the "drips" is to dry the car then drive it forwards and backwards about 10 ft, brake hard and all the water falls out!

However if I ever find out which "Helmut" designed the early door cards so the roof drips fall exactly on the window and mirror switches! :bad-words:

We did question the cheif designer about the water dripping though the window when its wet.

His answer was genuis 'Close the window' :)

Well just solved the window/water issue! Heko wind deflectors just arrived from Germany, literally 2 minute fit! Only £25 too!

And I can smoke when it's raining too as they have cut-outs by the mirrors! :cheers:

Well just solved the window/water issue! Heko wind deflectors just arrived from Germany, literally 2 minute fit! Only £25 too!

And I can smoke when it's raining too as they have cut-outs by the mirrors! :cheers:

I'm well tempted by a set of these can you post up picks of what they look like fitted?

Nick

I'm well tempted by a set of these can you post up picks of what they look like fitted?

Nick

Horrible I imagine LOL

I would say give up smoking! Feel better, look better and have your car look better :wink: :D

Nick

Would if this P.O.S work Laptop accepted Nokia software! :bad-words:

PM me your mobile and I can do it that way!

Oh and another advantage Nick is that I can go back to "Air-cooled" style window demisting in the rain! :norty:

Oh and another advantage Nick is that I can go back to "Air-cooled" style window demisting in the rain! :norty:

That would be handy tho! :grin:

I would mate but I have the same problem, I can't get it from my phone to my work laptop.

I can do it over the weekend when I'm home though.

Nick