Sign in to follow this  
moneypit23

What do i do with a dead corrado?

dont give up with it yet.

I thought fuel pump is it when its damp or dry or both?

It does it in any type of weather/conditions.

I'll change the fuse box and have a poke around the aforementioned places. Don't really know what i'm looking for but i imagine i'll be able to spot anything really obvious.

Keep going with it Kate, tbh seems like you're looking for a reason to give up on it? :shrug:

mine's out of MOT now, hence why I am doing tons of work to get a nice new green VOSA sheet :grin:

if you break it please please please! can i have first dibs on the doors and rear bumper! cheers sam

nice vote of confidence there...or do you mean if she breaks the car apart for selling?

if you break it please please please! can i have first dibs on the doors and rear bumper! cheers sam

nice vote of confidence there...or do you mean if she breaks the car apart for selling?

I think it was a definate, 'if you break it for part'

Though to be more positive, how about getting it up and running ;) too many corrado's are broken for parts for my liking.

sorry didnt mean to sound so negative. Just getting desperate why are all the corrado parts in the north! good luck whichever way you choose to go! :cheers:

Just come across your thread, I don't normally lurk in the general car chat area...

Have you had chance to look at the fuse box yet?

From your description, I think it likely that you've an intermittent short in the wiring somewhere. Your fusebox being hot is a symptom - possibly not the cause, but an easy place to start looking.

Your other symptoms also fit with this theory, engine loosing power as coil is starve of electric, it will probably only be able to provide some of the required power, probably enough to keep one or two cylinders firing. Your engine will still idle (but at a lower speed and will be very loathe to rev), the banging in the exhaust is the unburned fuel igniting in the exhaust etc.

Makes sense to me anyway.

I wonder if there's any way of temoprarily rigging an ammeter to it to see what is happening (current wise) when the car starts acting up? Don't try that yourself as its not like fitting a voltmeter and needs heavy cabling.

Just my thoughts. and finally, don't break it - I reckon there's only a bit of dodgy wiring causing the problems.

Thanks Reggit, it all makes sense they way you put it.

Unfortunately i still don't have the time to sort it but the good news is i have now found somewhere for it to live (off the road) so i can sort it at my leisure and the even better news is that it won't have to be broken YAY!

Watch this space for a satin black-classy-rat-look-tarmac-crawling beast! Seriously.

In the meantime i will be requiring another corrado, one that works.

Kate

Hi Kate just read this post and was having the same issue with mine a few years back changed everything from ISV, etc in the end it was the CAT and Lamda probe, I changed the CAT as the honeycomb crumbled and it was hollow. At the same time I changed the Lamda and I've never had a problem since. When the lamda goes the fueling becomes rich and a lot is unburnt. resulting in the pop from the exhaust.

Hope this helps.