Sign in to follow this  
drewiee99

g60 parts and advice

hi all im after a new power sterring pump for a 91 corrado g60 ive been to the dealers and they are now obsolete does any know if they are specific to the g60 and whrer i can get one? i wouls like one as close to the original as possible.

Also im after the 2 tensioner rollers for the g-lader the dealer quoted £27 each which seems alot can you get these from anywhere else or are they dealer only, they look like a generic size roller to me.

Ive run into a little trouble ive been stripping my car down and replacing water pump,gaskets etc and general winter cleaning. Supercharged told me to replace all the plasitic water/coolent adapters i did the one on the bottom of the water pump, today i was going to change the on on the front of the head, started to undo the bolts and 1 snapped off leaving the thread still in the hole. There is about 2mm sticking out cant really get any grips on it does any one have any ideas please cheers.

alright chap, cant help with the power steering pump, maybee a second hand one will do, check the guys breaking their cars in the forsale bit, also the 2 tensioner rollers, if you mean the 2 black plastic ones then i have a new pair that i never fitted (was some rumbling from that area and thought it was these tensioners but it turned out to be cambelt tensioner so i never used these 2) can have them both for £20 if thats any good to you, and im nice and local too (right by merry hill)

karl.

Drew,

How goes it mate, been a while. PAS pump is the same for most 1.8 engines of it's age. So you can use one off a Mk2 8v, 16v and even the 2.0l 16v Corrado I am pretty sure. Have a look about and check the part numbers against yours. You shoudl find one easily enough.

Rob

hi all im after a new power sterring pump for a 91 corrado g60 ive been to the dealers and they are now obsolete

strange i got one from my vw stealers no problem they said it would have to be ordered in but i got it ???

Drew,

How goes it mate, been a while. PAS pump is the same for most 1.8 engines of it's age. So you can use one off a Mk2 8v, 16v and even the 2.0l 16v Corrado I am pretty sure. Have a look about and check the part numbers against yours. You shoudl find one easily enough.

Rob

Er no it isnt. Let me make this quite clear, a G60 PAS pump is not the same as a MK Golf 8v,16v or anything else bar a G60.

Let me explain, the pump is an identical item, what differs is that the output shaft on the pump (not a changeable item) is longer as the pump sits furthur towards the centre of the engine bay on a G60. If you measure the difference then a machine shop should be able to make you up a spacer to sit between the PAS pulley and the PAS pump drive.

thanks for the help guys, i would be intersed in that pump is it for the g60 or would in need modifing. Another big problem im having is all new bolts im after are crap compared to the old ones that came off i keep sending them back to dealers and tell them but not interestrd.

yeah its a G60 pump, VW part number 037145157BX it cost me £231.54 +Vat from vw but that was + the surcharge of £30. you can have it for £170 posted ? i also have brand new oil and water pumps also VAG if you are interested ?

Drew,

Rob

Er no it isnt. Let me make this quite clear, a G60 PAS pump is not the same as a MK Golf 8v,16v or anything else bar a G60.

Let me explain, the pump is an identical item, what differs is that the output shaft on the pump (not a changeable item) is longer as the pump sits furthur towards the centre of the engine bay on a G60. If you measure the difference then a machine shop should be able to make you up a spacer to sit between the PAS pulley and the PAS pump drive.

Well that is bizzare because I have two pumps sitting in my garage, one off a G60, one off an 8v/16v (originally bought to convert a non PAS Golf). They have the same part numbers. So it looks likely the one off the G60 has prob been adapted from a standard 8v/16v

Sorry for the wrong info but an honest mistake. It will be easy enough to adapt an 8v/16v unit by the sounds of it.

G60 specific stuff is usually prefixed with 037 instead of 027 part numbers, not got my usual ETKA access right now so cant dig out the different numbers.

It is the same pump, just a different length output shaft due to the nuances (oh er) of the G60 design.

ok cheers guys got new tensioners and pas pump coming together nicley, i have this bolt left over and i cant remember where i took it off ive suprised myself by managing to put all the others back in the right place. Any ideas

you were right mate but im going to have to be a magian to get it on now as the charger bracket is on. Do you think i will get away without using it?