Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

HUH induction kit on a 16v...... look ??????????????????????

in the picture he still has the injectors thou maybe there a better fuel injection unit you can buy so it will woork ????????????? im confused..

also whats the red thing under the airfilter cone?????

it has got electronic injectors, I dont see an ISV or any of that sort of S**te either so has probably changed to stand alone management.

look on this site for more details on stand alone engine management

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/

Down to personal choice on what u require from your set-up, i'm going to be using emerald.

Spk to aposegil on the forum, he should be able to give u better indepth info

yep ive gone and done it aswell :D

DSC01641.jpg?phzOc3_AmJY7l82L

the only realy way to achieve this is stand alone or somehow transplanting a digi system from a 8v vw car.

Looks a good way to go.

But why haven't you used the cold air intake advantage of relocating the carbon-canister and popping the filter down the hole?

Chris

yes its a good way to go but there is no way i can use the car every day would drive me nuts

as for the cold air intake system dont worry im working on that ;)

There is a LHD MK2 Golf 16V at my breakers with a Digifant brain, fuel rail, injectors, MAF and carbon canister etc. All looked factory. Must have been made by VW for a specific market...... god knows how my breaker got hold of it!

Confused the hell out of me when I saw it but it's definitely 1800 and no K jet stuff in sight.

Kev

Hello Kev

Im very interested in more info about that car

do you know where the car has come from??

europe or america?

also do you have any pics or more info about the car as i might take the bits off it

There is a LHD MK2 Golf 16V at my breakers with a Digifant brain, fuel rail, injectors, MAF and carbon canister etc. All looked factory. Must have been made by VW for a specific market...... god knows how my breaker got hold of it!

Confused the hell out of me when I saw it but it's definitely 1800 and no K jet stuff in sight.

Kev

more info please......

Sorry, I meant 'was', not 'is'....well, I think the shell is still there as it suffered a rear ender but the engine prolly won't be there anymore.

I'll try and give you some more info on it though and I saw it approx 2 years ago when I was into Golfs......

Basically, it was a left hooker in black....big bumper model, rainbow stripe interior etc. The breaker had no idea where it came from originally as it just turned up to his yard on a low-loader with no paperwork. It's definitely Euro though, i.e. no US side-markers or ugly bumpers.

Anyway, whilst looking over the car for bits I noticed the digifant injectors and fuel rail on the inlet manifold. Very puzzled by that, I traced the wiring and hoses etc and then found what must have been a variation of the digifant brain and a carbon canister. Some Euro GTIs had CCs anyway, so it looks like in one particular market, the K Jetronic wasn't able to meet emission regulations. Sweden? Austria, perhaps?

I don't think it would be much bother to retro-fit digi to a 16V yourselves to be honest. My 16V Turbo had a fuel rail (aswell as the K jet injectors) with VR6 injectors in it.....just requires a little work on the lower half of the manifold. I retained the K Jet metering head though (and used K Star to run the extra injectors) to keep things cheaper & simpler but the one in the scrappy had a digifant MAF.

K