Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Clean the car myself Vs Polish gentlemen

Chaps,

I'm stuck with a bit of a dilema, I should really clean the car, its pretty dirty, however its cold outside and I can't really be bothered over the Christmas period.

However I'm lucky enough that there are some Polish gentlemen in the city who are more than happy to clean my car, inside and out, for a few quid and they are always happy to argue whether its a small or medium car and therefore earning £3 more.

Whatcha reckon? Do it myself and stop being a girl, or pay some random Polish fellows?

Take it to the jet wash and arm yourself with a chamois. Will only cost you a few quid and you only need to freeze yourself for 10-15 minutes tops.

You're still a girl btw - I'd be out washing the car whatever the weather ;)

Do it yourself and tell the polish gentlemen to go back home and stop taking our jobs! I wouldnt even let my wife clean my car let alone some turd for £3! Ohh and yeh you are a Girl

GIRL! :camp: No actually you great raging Hommer! :fondle:

Not like its cold outside! Did a wash and full wax Sunday morning only took 2 hrs (and that's with waiting 30 minutes per layer for the colinite to cure!)

Plus there's a story on E38 (down ATM) about a guy wrecking his expensive Image wheels by taking it to a "Lithu-Wash" whatever they used on then stripped the ceramic coating off! They're not the most careful of people and will happily was your car with a sponge dropped on the floor and just dunked in the buket again! :pale: :shock: :cuckoo:

Do it yourself and tell the polish gentlemen to go back home and stop taking our jobs! I wouldnt even let my wife clean my car let alone some turd for £3! Ohh and yeh you are a Girl

They do jobs that British people are too lazy and 'above themselves' to do IMHO. If they're happy to earn minimum wage washing cars and doing a good job then more power to them!

I always have the polish people in my village wash my LCR - I do far too many miles in a couple of weeks to even consider washing all the accumilated cr4p off it!

They always do a good job at my local one - there's always at least 4 of 5 people working on your car at any one time and you're in and out in ten minutes - bit like organised crime! 8)

I do wash it myself in the summer months as I find it quite relaxingf to take some time out and spend it on the car but winters just too damn cold and I'm far too busy!

Well said Jim.

Let them do it, I'll PM you some Polish words if you want Monkey??? They'll be very impressed.

Do it yourself and tell the polish gentlemen to go back home and stop taking our jobs! Iwouldnt even let my wife clean my car let alone some turd for £3! Ohh and yeh you are a Girl

They do jobs that British people are too lazy and 'above themselves' to do IMHO. If they're happy to earn minimum wage washing cars and doing a good job then more power to them!

I always have the polish people in my village wash my LCR - I do far too many miles in a couple of weeks to even consider washing all the accumilated cr4p off it!

They always do a good job at my local one - there's always at least 4 of 5 people working on your car at any one time and you're in and out in ten minutes - bit like organised crime! 8)

I do wash it myself in the summer months as I find it quite relaxingf to take some time out and spend it on the car but winters just too damn cold and I'm far too busy!

And there the fact you are a :fondle:

Ya Big poof!

do you use the one in Jacobs Well mate?

If my car wasnt red and didnt need constant attention i'd take it somewhere like that.

My mate has a mk4 golf, silver, and he takes it to the local hand wash where its done for a fiver in 15mins, then heads down the pub for a pint to watch the footy whilst im at home struggling with my pink paintwork. I know which one i'd rather be doing!

I know that when I wash my car, if I drop the sponge I wash it out before I use it again. This way I can minimise swirlmarks,

You can bet your bottom dollar they the polskis wont be that conciencious.

do you use the one in Jacobs Well mate?

Yes mate... went in there yesterday afternoon in fact!

they are really good there to be fair.... the majority of people i know who drive use that place..but in the winter i just cant justify spending the money for it to be clean for an hour!