moneypit23

Moneypit's Twilight Violet VR6 - MOT time

Glad to see you’re up and running again, I was the second owner of this car and sold it to Carl.

Will be a thread in the members gallery somewhere, hopefully it'll run well for you now.

Glad to see you’re up and running again, I was the second owner of this car and sold it to Carl.

Will be a thread in the members gallery somewhere, hopefully it'll run well for you now.

Just read some of your previous posts, now i know just how well its been looked after.. and why Carl would have given up vital organs to take it with him :)

Those RH AG Cups looked really REALLY good! but i'm determined to keep it standard looking.

I might get some new number plates though since it is still sporting the John Fox Nottingham ones on it when you had it (now cracked :wink: ) although i suppose i should keep them since i'm having to move to Nottingham at the end of august. Who knows, you might see us whizzing about!

So i've had the VR for a year and two days now and i can't believe how quick time has flown. In this time i have covered about 10k miles and it has required or had the following:

1. New battery the same day i picked it up.

2. Timing chains/rebuild (not strictly needed but it was done anyway after some piston/compression problems)

3. New radiator (home bodge see pics above)

4. New power steering pump (creaking and whining was doing my head in)

5. Proper wipers added (i can see in the rain!)

6. Oil leak sorted

7. Some blingy chrome bits added to the interior

8. New speakers (components half fitted)

9. Door handle repaired

Compared to the last corrado i had this has been much cheaper and much less troublesome (touch wood).

As for the coming year i want to improve the brakes. They're not that bad but i've nearly stacked it a couple of times and i'd like to give the cat a chance to save itself from me :)

I'm also looking at ways of increasing the stability probably through ARBs but i'm not sure yet since i don't really want to mess with the suspension and i'd like to keep it looking as standard as possible.

So today was that dreaded time of year when i usually receive a financial spanking however it only failed on both rear brake pipes corroded and they were advisories from last year so i was expecting that.

The front brake pipes were mentioned as an advisory as was the slightly deteriorated exhaust (its still got the original) so all the brake pipes are being replaced next week.

Also had a full service and the guy remarked on it being such a nice car :clap: which kind of made my day!

It's a bit too quiet...

... this made me smile - seems it wasn't as perfect as I thought, but it did sound better than anything on the road. Think a classy Aston Martinesque growl rather than a hooligan-like "look at me" noise in pimped Corsa style ... :D

... this didn't. I thought I was buying perfection too, but there were one or two things that I had to sort out as well ... mostly minor, but there was a biggie that Marcus really should've mentioned in the spirit of this forum. He didn't translate the "I'm selling it because there's another car in the garage now" accurately to "If you park or drive it in the rain, it also comes complete with its own swimming pool" ... loads done before, but that was a problem that cost me a lot of smiles-loaded miles driving it until I got the likely solution, (which turned out to be not such a biggie after all) from this forum some months after ... at the time and thinking I'd own it forever, it mattered less. It seems to matter more now I miss it (and driving, actually) so much ... :(

Anyway, bygones ... hello you :) - it's been a while ... congrats on the job and the chance for both of you to get in some serious miles getting to each other ... Jon's probably filled you in on my mail ... I'm so pleased you took it over and kept with it ... I STILL wish it were mine, even with the stuff you'd had to do to it (and so sorry you had anything other than the battery to do) ... if, (and I can't think of one good reason why you would, but it's worth a go), IF you were considering selling it, will you mail me and let me know ... I'll look very hard at this HK option I told Jon about ..? Until that unimaginable day, keep on looking after it as you have ... and how about some more (still and action) pics as you're in new surroundings ..? :clap:

Hello Carl,

I don't think anybody really believes they are buying perfection when they buy a corrado, however i really could have done without the problems when i needed to get to Bacup every day :bad-words: But it happened quite suddenly so there was no way you would have known it was going to happen. At least getting the chains done is out of the way now so i can relax a bit.

The brakes are all sorted now too, i was so pleased with that being the only thing on the MOT, its such a change after the last car! I hate to break this to you but i really can't see me ever selling up. I window shop when other cars go by but nothing else interests me enough.

Anyway, how's it going over there? This job certainly has its good and bad points, quite stressful at the moment but at least the drive home keeps me happy. And i really do need some photos of the car, i shall pull my finger out and get it sorted :salute:

Anyway, how's it going over there? This job certainly has its good and bad points, quite stressful at the moment but at least the drive home keeps me happy. And i really do need some photos of the car, i shall pull my finger out and get it sorted

Same mix of good and bad points here too ... the first school year I couldn't have been happier, being made Director of Education within a couple of months or so, (which is a bit like a Deputy Head, except I still had my class full time as well), but the principal got ousted for financial and political reasons in the summer break and the replacement turned out to be a dishonest, conniving bastard and the same thing happened to me just before Chinese New Year, so I'm currently looking for a new job ... I've been doing some supply work at the local big international school near where I live, which is okay for now, but I may have to move in the new school year as options for decent paying teaching jobs are pretty limited where I live ... which isn't what I want - it's home now and I'm loving it, plus it's where my gf and her family are from, so we'll see ... I hope your stress eases and the good points start to outnumber the bad points soon ...

A bit like owning a Corrado I suppose, where the bad points are few and far between when you get a good 'un like ours ... haha ... mad I know,but I still think of it as my car and you're just taking care of it ... I know you'll probably keep it forever and I'm glad to know that ... sounds like it couldn't be in better hands and you're gonna be able to make it last forever ...

Just to make you miss your ex corrado even more Carl lol

... and Jon - how le ferk is it an ex-Corrado now? Don't tell me you let Kate put a Corsa engine it or something ... :pale:

I need some help guys, my car appears to have developed a problem.

Coming to towards the end of an 80 mile or so journey, the car started to feel sluggish. It felt like i'd set off in 2nd or 3rd gear a couple of times (i hadn't) and when i finally got to 50-60mph it became juddery and unable to maintain a constant speed. When i finally got to Jon's house, there was a slight burning smell and apparently the exhaust sounded louder than usual :shrug:

It was raining heavily for the whole journey and after a bit of searching it appears that this is not uncommon however i find it really concerning. The sound (but not the display) disappeared from my stereo half way through the journey as well but it probably isn't related.

Am i right in checking HT leads and coil pack and what am i looking for?

Any help would be massively appreciated,

Thanks

Kate

I'm no mechanic but mine did exactly the same thing and the coilpack was knackered. Local garage said it was in a right mess and they didn't know how it was running at all!

I'm no mechanic but mine did exactly the same thing and the coilpack was knackered. Local garage said it was in a right mess and they didn't know how it was running at all!

thanks mate was thinking exactly the same been pissing down all day here so havnt had a chance to look yet

Oh, the joys of owning and running a Corrado, hey Kate ... this forum and tips from others is such a useful thing to be grateful for, isn't it ..?

My fingers're crossed for you too ...I think you'll get to a point where you'll have done every bitty job there is to do and you'll have the most , bullet-proof, beautiful 'rado on earth - that's when I'll have it back off you ... haha ...

God bless the forum.. and GSF :D

It's definitely much better now and my local shell garage finally got some V-power so all is good. For now anyway :)

Hey there - how's my baby? Guess where I am for a week - feckin' typical ... I packed just t-shirts after getting told about the hottest day of the year etc ... but I landed on Saturday afternoon - 11 degrees and unsurprising rain ... when I left home, it was creeping up to around 30 degrees again ... :clap:

I don't suppose you're planning a run to around Mancland, before I return to China ... it'd be nice to see how you're both doing, although I'm running around different appointments ... not sure where it'd fit depending on where you were going ...

Meanwhile, I decided to answer a thread on MSN's car site ... never have before, probably won't again, but I always liked the Integrale and the opening shot got my interest ... I might have started something ... have a look:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/photos. ... =153231071

Maybe see you around this week, if you get close at the right time ...

I'm in MCR at the moment but i'm going back some time on Monday, maybe quite late on since its half term :)

Any excuse for a drive about though.