Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Mk4 windscreen washers on a Rado bonnet

I'm getting one of the carbon fibre bonnets from the group buy, and don't want to cut holes in it to refit the washer jets. I have been advised that Mk4 Golf washers would be suitable as they fit just under the trailing edge of the bonnet. Now I've got them there doesn't look to be much room at all under there to fit them. Has anybody actually done this or seen it done, as I can't find anyone who can given me some pointers on this :shrug: ?

Anybody :shrug: - what do people do when relocating washer jets???

?? why dont you buy the kit from storm??

£9.99 puts three jets on the blade....

Darn it, beaten to it... :(

?? why dont you buy the kit from storm??

£9.99 puts three jets on the blade....

Eeerrr. not being funny but Storm who?? Just had a look on Storm development spage and there wasn't anything on there. Suppose the thing is, I'd rather have the washers on the bonnet somewhere, as I have an SWG scuttle cover, which means everytime the ECU comes out the wipers come off, so I don't really want them attached by tubes. Anybody used these Storm ones then? What are they like (quality wise)?

mmm Ja, es ist gut, nicht gehört alles besser

:lol: :lol: cheers mate, I'll look into those if we can't get the golf ones working on saturday - don't want to spend any more than I have to really.

do NOT cut the carbon bonnet do NOT do it there are better ways dude dont let him tell ya other wise... :nono:

:grin: cheers bud

Ok, quick update - Yes Mk4 golf washers can be used on te carbon fibre bonnets. The bonnets do need to be cut (the support underneath needs to be cut anyway), and they need some careful adjustment and using thin shims of plastic to get them pointing in the right direction, but they do fit and work better than the original washers as they produce a fan of water rather then 2 streams. No pics at the moment - too cold and dark outside to take them :lol:

i had the mk4 washers when i had my carbon bonnet, heres the only pic i have

been20cleaning20006.jpg

On yours mate, they look as though they are mounted on the top surface though, or is it a trick of the light? With mine they are under the trailing edge so you can't see them from the top.

yeh they were mounted on the top of the bonnet, and get yourself ready for the saxo/nova chavs coming up to you and saying "thats a sick bonnet" that really really annoyed me after about the 10th time :mad2:

yeh they were mounted on the top of the bonnet, and get yourself ready for the saxo/nova chavs coming up to you and saying "thats a sick bonnet" that really really annoyed me after about the 10th time :mad2:

Yeah, I'm sure that'll happen before too long - but thankfully I don't leave it out anywhere too much. I'm just waiting for some smarta*se to ask whether I'm happy with my stick on Halfrauds carbon effect :lol: