BadMeatPies

BadMeatPies' 16v - New night shots pg2

Hello all, due to NR being pretty pants last week, a mate and I decided to take some photos of our cars, but we were quite tired and cold so didn't stay long - so don't expect photography of the standard you're used to.

The car:

It's a 1994 2litre 16v, in metallic black.

right, photos:

germanshowdown-9052.jpg

germanshowdown-9049.jpg

germanshowdown-9043.jpg

germanshowdown-9051.jpg

germanshowdown-9035.jpg

sorry about the lack of angles - more will be up once its washed (oh yeah - we had a bit of a rally to get to the location, due to rain!)

thanks all, i thought the cake may grab more attention than the car :?

If i have questions about this (a 24v transplate for example) do i ask here or in the engine section?

(I'm not really too used to posting on forums - i'm a reader not a poster)

Car looks cool mate, and that cake is great!

As for your questions, you'll probably get more response from the tech experts if you post in the Engine section, there's a thread near the top of the section dedicated to 24v conversions so you might be best off having a read through it and asking questions in there, i'm sure there'll be enough know-how on here to guide you through it! good luck!

EDIT - here's the thread mate - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33931

Right, after speaking to the phirm and getting advice, i'm thinking 24v is not an option any more. not sure what is though...TFSI maybe... :D

I'm going to order my compomotive MOs: 16" ET35, 7.5" wide, does that sound about right?

Also, 5 or 6 spoke MOs, which do you prefer the look of? they'll most likely be in black. http://www.comp.co.uk/wheels/wheels.asp ... ort+Wheels

new number plates now on, makes it look alot smarter.

Mind if I ask if you managed to get a quote for a price on the MO's...? Was seriously thinking about a set for myself but wasn't sure how much they cost..

I was really digging the MO1682 in 8x16... reckon they'd be awesome :)

In terms of fitment for your car, looks like the MO1675 is the only option - but as they look like VR6 speedlines, that's no bad thing!

I had a look on demon tweeks at their prices, and presume thats the worst case due to DT being pretty expensive.

they will make them to any fitment or measurement if you order them direct, so thats not really too much of a problem.

I'm going to get some spacers for when i want it to look pretty, but from what i can gather 7.5" or 8" width is about the best for handling on the corrado. and i wish staggered widths didnt bugger it all up!

5 or 6 spoke?

Tough call as 5 or 6 spoke generally look good on the Corrado... I'd say 6 spoke though :)

new wheels are on the way - hopefully they'll fit...

took it camping this weekend, which went better than expected.

2922_70557747698_506177698_1565486_.jpg

2922_70557687698_506177698_1565475_.jpg

2922_70557827698_506177698_1565500_.jpg

2922_70561697698_506177698_1565559_.jpg

2922_70561732698_506177698_1565564_.jpg

2922_70561747698_506177698_1565566_.jpg

2922_70561817698_506177698_1565577_.jpg

we got back an my mates mk2 had a flat battery - i was so happy to not have the broken car for a change!

As it wasn't well, we decided to supercharge it.

supercharged.jpg

edit: disclaimer: photo's not taken by me - apart from maybe 1 or 2.

Nice photography skills.. some very nice pictures there.

Keep us posted on the Compomotives.. have to say I've been thinking about a set myself for some time. Would love to see what they end up looking like on the car!

Nice photography skills.. some very nice pictures there.

Keep us posted on the Compomotives.. have to say I've been thinking about a set myself for some time. Would love to see what they end up looking like on the car!

most of them weren't taken by me unfortunately.

After argueing their case last night ("I'm sure they aren't like protection&performance, they'll arrive on time!") I've just received an email from compomotive, saying "bla bla bla...your order will now take a month longer than we thought, they'll be with you at the end of May" (basically). which i'm not happy with, as they were meant to be delivered by the end of April. :snipersmile:

I think i've finally settled on a direction to go with the car and an engine choice - the compomotives may be a clue to the direction. :clap:

ETA: new black dash, door cards and audioscape pods will be with me shortly.

becker HU and new speakers to be ordered.

Edited by BadMeatPies

my tread dissapeared whilst waiting for my tyres, so i borrowed some mates wheels while I wait, what do you guys think of the temporary look?

apologies for camera phone quality, and its not that high at the front normally, it was at a funny angle.

Photo-0025.jpg

Compomotive have been fucking me around, they now don't recon I'll have them by my trip to lemans (11th June) after they told me they'd be with me before the end of April (ordered before Easter) - I'm really not happy about this, and thought a company that supplies wheels to race teams wouldn't take so long over everything - I'm going to struggle to recommend them, even if they're fantastic wheels.

new head unit, audioscape and speakers have arrived to go with my black dash and door cards that I got in the classifieds, not sure when the dash will be fitted yet - when i strip it i guess.

everyone keeps telling me i've got a brake light out, but whenever i check its fine.... is that another corrado thing i've not heard about yet?

looking for a 9a or ABF to rebuild with ITBs now, no luck finding a decent one so far...anyone know of one?

struggling to decide what to do...keep the rado as a daily and buy a proper weekend car when i can afford one, or weld in some monkey bars and sprint/hill climb it? what do I do! both ideas sound good!

looking for a 9a or ABF to rebuild with ITBs now,

One of my dreams/to do list!! :grin:

Crap bout compromotive, prob not to bothered bout customer service as so big dont care. :nono:

As for the bulb, just pop a new one in. prob bad bulb.

thats the thing with compomotive. they have a real attitude problem and its kinda the case, were compomotive, we make this you want it noone else does it! if you want it you wait for us to get it to you. thats why we dont use em any more cause they are such a pain in the arse with everything they do!

Ive bought a few items from compomotive, had them really quick, very reasonable postage and had excellent communication with and guy called chris cooke.

I got fed up today, and after hearing the comps wouldn't be ready for le mans I cancelled my order. 3 months for wheels they have the materials for, in a factory in the UK.... no thanks.

what to get now? I was thinking something along the lines of "corrado_sean"'s original wheels, except not chromed and not as wide. his are only available in the US, so I can't get them. ROTAs maybe.

took some snaps last night, need alot of practice to get it right, and sparklers are quite expensive at the rate you can get through them.

very very quickly and cruedly photoshopped to get rid of some of the not so good bits.

what do you guys recon?

20090821-_MG_6445x.jpg

20090820-_MG_6444.jpg

20090821-_MG_6451.jpg

20090821-_MG_6452x.jpg

did you have to call the ghostbusters?

They are cool pics, something different do the norm...I like :D

thanks, all done with sparklers and glow sticks.

I thought my car well lit won't impress anyone, but from my experience most people get sucked in by shiny things, bright lights and fire works.