Sign in to follow this  
146 Jockey

Thieving Gypo B******S!

Just came out this morning to fine the valve caps on my new BBS stroked. On the car all of a week. I am so p1ssed off to say the least. How much do these cost?. They're probably on some little sh1ts BMX now. :x :x :x :x

yeah, the metal ones I had on my G60 went walkies within a week or so of it being sat on the drive at my parents before I managed to get it back to my house... :roll: Next ones I get will be the locking ones that you need an allen key to get off! 8) :lol:

Can't you get replacement BBS valve caps from Volvo Dealers?

This petty crime in this country drives me up the wall.. it'd be nice to be able to put a large electrical current out to the valve caps, and listen out for shrieks of pain.. run out and to find some kid lying on the floor next to your car.. hehe.

The next mod I'm doing when I've got my C running again is being done to my garage... :shock: :lol: CCTV camera linked into my PC with a motion detector linked to my website and email. The alarm and camera are also going to be linked into a mobile phone so I can trigger it remotely (and reset it too!) and it'll message me with a photo onto my picture phone! 8)

That'll scare the $#![ outta them if they try messing around anywhere near my garage, car or house! :wink: :lol: I'd like to stick a speaker phone in there too so I can shout at them even if I'm at work! :roll: :lol: :twisted:

It's gonna take some work to get it all going, but it should be worth it if I can get a photo of the little sods that keep messing about at the back of my house! :wink: 8)

The next mod I'm doing when I've got my C running again is being done to my garage... :shock: :lol: CCTV camera linked into my PC with a motion detector linked to my website and email. The alarm and camera are also going to be linked into a mobile phone so I can trigger it remotely (and reset it too!) and it'll message me with a photo onto my picture phone! 8)

That'll scare the $#![ outta them if they try messing around anywhere near my garage, car or house! :wink: :lol: I'd like to stick a speaker phone in there too so I can shout at them even if I'm at work! :roll: :lol: :twisted:

It's gonna take some work to get it all going, but it should be worth it if I can get a photo of the little sods that keep messing about at the back of my house! :wink: 8)

That's quite exstreme Henny! Are you sure you need all that stuff for some valve cap protection! Im an old fashioned base ball bat man my self :twisted:

That's quite exstreme Henny! Are you sure you need all that stuff for some valve cap protection! Im an old fashioned base ball bat man my self :twisted:

Yeah, but it's not just valve caps that they've been messing with... The shop next to my house is empty at the moment, and some clever sod decided that it'd make a good bonfire in November... :shock: Fortunately they were spotted breaking in and trying to light it, so it never actually went up in flames... :?

I know who's doing all of the petty crime on the carpark at the back of my house, I just want evidence so I can persue it in legal chanels... If that doesn't work, I'll simply "publish" the photos around the town and let the local mob culture deal with it... :lol: :twisted:

Most of it's just time and effort to get the system up and running... I've got all of the cameras and stuff anyway from an old CCTV system I ripped out of a previous place I worked, so most of it's cost me nothing! :wink:

Fair do's mate as it sounds like you live in Harlem! Bonus getting all that stuff free to. Maybe a machine gun tower wouldnt go a miss either and some ferocious dogs to that you havnt fed for a week :D

You'd have to give us the URL to your website mate if you get this up and running.. it'd be a chuckle to watch you putting the car in the garage at night or something :p

We're quite lucky here really, having read some posts on the American Vortex Corrado site! It seems some low lifes over there are keen on pelting Corrados with eggs (which can damage the paint if not removed ASAP). One guy had his rear window smashed and thugs ran over another member's car, denting the roof and bonnet.

I know it's a royal pain in the butt having some feck wit steal your property, but thankfully they didn't vandalise the car aswell.

I stick to the good old plastic valve covers, no one wants those!

K

Yeah, but over £5 a set for VALVE CAPS?!

Why do we put up with these prices for this stuff? :(

tbh......if you go to your friendly BBS dealer i'm pretty sure they charge nearer £5 per cap!!!!!.........so £1.35 per cap from volvo aint too bad........and of course no-one twists yer arm off to buy them....but IMHO it really sets the wheels off 8)

Hm.. obviously I must have gotten used to paying through the nose for Corrado parts, as I think £5 for some BBS valve caps seems pretty reasonable! :)

Know how you feel 146J.

I was out shopping for a C, parked my Scirocco at the end of the guys road. Went up to his house to have a perusal, came back and noticed three kids sitting just off to the side of my car.

They kept looking over with suspicious little grins. Had a look around the car, didn't notice they had nicked me valve caps, too busy fuming over the piece of metal and rusty knife propped up behind my front wheels.

No doubt they were looking forward to me reversing and shredding both tyres. Little sheisters.

yeah I'd like to see a pic of these too... to find out what I can tempt the Surrey pikies to when I get my C back :D

i saw one on here a while ago i think??? looked like the cap went right over the rubber valve upto the rim, to make it look like a metal valve????

but cant find the pic on the search?!?!?