VR6Joni

VR6Joni's Charged LPG VR6

Just fired it up and every thing looked good. Just need to pipe up washers and fix down the battery in the boot and it should be good to go for the MOT.

Can anyone recommend a good method of fixing the battery down in the boot?

Battery box fixed to the spare wheel retaining bolt?

Top man, ebayed "battery box" and found just the job. Its actually only a tray but will stop the battery flying around the boot which in all I need. Unfortunately spare wheel retaining bolt has been replaced by the gas tank but I'm sure I can find something to attach the tray to, more than likely the gas tank mountings.

Anyone else think the 6-branch exhaust manifolds sound like the exhaust is blowing, no leak in sight but it just sounds like it is.

/\ Yep. As the exhaust leaves the head port, it cools and expands rapidly. The bigger cavities and thinner tubing of the 6 branch, make it more audible than the stock cast headers and thick OE downpipes.

It'll quieten down once the walls are carboned up.

It's one thing I hated about 4 branches back in my 16V days.

best of luck for the MOT pal - sure you'll be fine :)

car is looking great - can't wait to see it with the rotrex re-fitted now :wink:

best of luck for the MOT pal - sure you'll be fine :)

car is looking great - can't wait to see it with the rotrex re-fitted now :wink:

Cheers, not sure I'll need luck, my house mate is an MOT tester :D

Got it out of the garage last night and gave it a clean, can't wait for boosted VR6 action again. Also can't wait to see what the LSD and Brembo's are like, neither of which are fitted yet :( but the Brembo's will be by the end of the month :D and the LSD when I can afford a Helix clutch and gearbox rebuild :brickwall: .

MOT'd Saturday,

Taxed this morning.

Clamped by the DVLA this afternoon. :brickwall:

F'in brilliant!

Released 20min later after I called them to inform them it was actually taxed. Doh! :epicfail:

I was busy Monday! Here's my achievements.

Brembo1.jpg

Brembo2.jpg

And for the Mk1 boy, can you guess why its a special one?

CollectionVW.jpg

Before anyone says it, yes I put them on the wrong car!

Fear not that was just for practice (pain full practice mind that ended up taking all day for various reasons) but financed by my brother :D

On the blue VR is Boxster S rears with Black Diamond 312mm discs and redstuff pads.

I'm putting the Boxster S fronts on the Blackberry with 323mm discs.

Next step is to get the charge cooler running and bolt the charger back on, hopefully will get the charge cooler running this weekend!

And then put the Brembo's on as I still need to get a bracket manufactured for the fronts.

Will also put some pics of the Blackberry up this weekend.

Boxster S front calipers allow a 28mm thick disc (I.e. the 323mm Leon Cupra R disc) which I'm gonna put on the Blackberry.

You have to flip the fronts upside down though because of piston alignment!

Where as the Boxster S rear calipers allow upto a 24mm disk, I.e. the 312mm TT etc. disc which is 23mm thick and they don't need flipping round!

As you probably guessed, I bought calipers from all 4 corners off a Boxster S. All of which are Brembo 4 pots.

The neighbours must love me :lol:

We know the feeling but ours keep saying everything is fine.... and they still talk to us so we seem to be OK

The grey C with bonnet louvres looks quite businesslike.

Has it been improved under the skin also?

You could say that. It's a VRT.

It's the one that was at Elsecar this year.

sweet ride bud

Cheers, I think I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now :D

But will you arrive at t' tunnel end before 19th? [VRT RR day @ Stealth - hopefully]

The grey C - the one near the main gate @ Elsecar?

But will you arrive at t' tunnel end before 19th? [VRT RR day @ Stealth - hopefully]

The grey C - the one near the main gate @ Elsecar?

Assuming I can get a belt for the charger that would not be a problem, however I ordered one last Wednesday and it turns out even Dayco the manufacturer doesn't have one in stock, so when I'll get one I don't really know :brickwall: I never even considered that would be a problem :brickwall: :brickwall:

Anyway it seems that the FI VR6 RR day looks like it will put back to November/December now. Which thankfully gives me chance to address several little niggles I have.

And yes it was the one near the main gate,the one on standard brakes :shock:

Thats verging on insanity.

It now has a new owner (my brother the phsyco), and I'm informed that it will be addressed in the not too distant future.