Toad

Music thread...

Just went looking for the old thread where people were putting up whatever they had been listening to recently up, but I think it's been auto pruned. :(

So, any suggestions of what's good at the moment?

I've mostly been into Lamb of God

(Not for the faint hearted ;))

Vampire Weekend

Placebo Linky

MGMT Linky

And a bit of Mistabishi Linky

gutted the old thread is gone..

heres some of my favourites at the moment...

Blue Oyster Cult - Dont fear the reaper.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUTKMrO1hhw

Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy

Unkle/Ian Brown - F.E.A.R

Blind Faith - Had to cry today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfK-t-tuFUE

Placebo - Burger Queen (chilled!!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36jD-Jw_Cis

Seal - Human Beings

Oasis - Falling Down (chemical Brothers remix)

Doves - kingdom of rust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS9KDL4hy34

Incubus - Stellar (acoustic version)

and if you fancy something really heavy: Dimmu Borgir - Puritania

couldnt find videos for all of them and the incubus vid is actually an acoustic version of 'a certain shade of green' still very good tho...

Enjoy! :salute:

Re "Blind Faith" - the supergroup that failed.

I am old enough to own the vinyl LP. :lol:

IIRC, Eric Clapton's guitar on "In the presence of the Lord" was a highlight.

I just bought Corrine Bailey Ray's album. Bit late, I know, but was taken with sound track to film "Venus" on telly the other week. Cooler, jazzy music than the single would have had you believe. "Nice". :wink:

I just bought Corrine Bailey Ray's album. Bit late, I know, but was taken with sound track to film "Venus" on telly the other week. Cooler, jazzy music than the single would have had you believe. "Nice". :wink:

my dad's got it on vinyl too, im too young you see (23) lol. hes got the one with the naked girl on the front, i believe it was banned??

I've been mostly listening to my John Martyn collection latey, partly due to being reminded of just how much of a legend he was with his sad death on the 29th Jan :( but also because I find that it's good stuff for getting my boy off to sleep :lol:

RIP John (Iain) :(

Most of the music I like doesn't have vids but here we go with an eclectic mix:

Hallucinogen -

(good progressive psy-trance driving music)

UNKLE ft Roots Manuva - GDMFSOB (turn up that bass)

Iron Maiden -

(Dianno rules!)

Mephiskapheles - Bumblebee Tuna (stupid ska song but you'll be singing the chorus for days)

Femi Kuti -

:notworthy:

Satyricon -

(stompy metal)

and finally Bugsy Malone -

(and it all comes back to you ra la la ra la la la) :lol:

oh yeah veedub21...i got a fever... :wink:

Most of the music I like doesn't have vids but here we go with an eclectic mix:

Hallucinogen -

(good progressive psy-trance driving music)

UNKLE ft Roots Manuva - GDMFSOB (turn up that bass)

Iron Maiden -

(Dianno rules!)

Mephiskapheles - Bumblebee Tuna (stupid ska song but you'll be singing the chorus for days)

Femi Kuti -

:notworthy:

Satyricon -

(stompy metal)

and finally Bugsy Malone -

(and it all comes back to you ra la la ra la la la) :lol:

oh yeah veedub21...i got a fever... :wink:

gotta love unkle!!

my dad's got it on vinyl too, im too young you see (23) lol. hes got the one with the naked girl on the front, i believe it was banned??

I believe the girl was Ginger Baker's daughter. At the time I just thought of the album cover as boldly arty - common stuff in those days. Most of the buyer's like me (and your dad, no doubt) were merely hungry for more of Eric Clapton and co. Also, most adults in those days did not know how prevalent paedophilia probably was. Today, everyone knows about the scourge, and such a cover would cause outrage and not be allowed on open sale.

I believe the girl was Ginger Baker's daughter. At the time I just thought of the album cover as boldly arty - common stuff in those days. Most of the buyer's like me (and your dad, no doubt) were merely hungry for more of Eric Clapton and co. Also, most adults in those days did not know how prevalent paedophilia probably was. Today, everyone knows about the scourge, and such a cover would cause outrage and not be allowed on open sale.

v true my old man is a big fan of cream...

agree about the scourge etc...

he's also got electric ladyland on vinyl, again with naked women all over the cover's..

Went to see my all time fav's last week.........METALLICA.......

SUPERB AND GREAT DRIVING MUSIC.

S & M - Nothing else matters, Unbelievable track!

Played that at my wedding. :D

Have you heard 'Death Magnetic'? Superb album back to the Black album days..

Played that at my wedding. :D

Have you heard 'Death Magnetic'? Superb album back to the Black album days..

gotta be honest, im not a huge fan really although i do like a lot of thier music..

Until it Sleeps is a wicked Metallica track but Load (which it was off iirc?) was not their finest moment! And For Whom the Bell Tolls is a true classic! :D

Until it Sleeps is a wicked Metallica track but Load (which it was off iirc?) was not their finest moment! And For Whom the Bell Tolls is a true classic! :D

Totally agree, but you should have seen them doing 'ONE' live....... :clap:

I don't think I've ever seen Metallica live. Mind you, just because I have no recollection of it doesn't mean it never happened! :lol: Fear Factory were really cool, I saw them back in 1998. Sepultura were wicked as well. But the gigs of my life are Smashing Pumpkins farewell tour (frankly they shouldn't have come back) and the Foo Fighters secret acoustic gig at the Ipswich Regent in 2006. :D

Yay for people loving Placebo!! :D

They need to do a new album & soon, be hard to get over Steve leaving but im due a live fix soon!!!!

Been listening to this bird latley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvd814WG2t4

bit silly yet laid back :clap:

how random is that vedio ?????

I like Sia, I heard this years and years ago and it stuck in my mind.

I don't think I've ever seen Metallica live. Mind you, just because I have no recollection of it doesn't mean it never happened! :lol: Fear Factory were really cool, I saw them back in 1998. Sepultura were wicked as well. But the gigs of my life are Smashing Pumpkins farewell tour (frankly they shouldn't have come back) and the Foo Fighters secret acoustic gig at the Ipswich Regent in 2006. :D

Ohh you piggy...would have loved to see FF doing that.....seen them a couple of times......fantastic......my 3 yr old loves them too, but not as much as Metallica, she told me she was 18 so she could go to see them.....ahh......she knows all the lyrics to loads of FF, Metallica and QOTSA.....proper little rocker. :D

Ohh you piggy...would have loved to see FF doing that.....seen them a couple of times......fantastic......my 3 yr old loves them too, but not as much as Metallica, she told me she was 18 so she could go to see them.....ahh......she knows all the lyrics to loads of FF, Metallica and QOTSA.....proper little rocker. :D

Awesome! She sounds well educated already! :D I've seen Foo Fighters 4 times now and QOTSA are well recommended as a live band. Really very good when I saw them. Sadly my teenage years all but destroyed my hearing. I can hear normally but I suffer with tinnitus so I have to be really careful in loud environments now! Unfortunately it's ear plugs for me. Which sucks. Last year at Goodwood festival of speed I was the only person over the age of about ten with them in! :( :lol:

I really want to see QOTSA, not heard much of Era Vulgaris, but I've been listening to Songs for the Deaf and Lullabies to Paralyze a lot recently.