Sign in to follow this  
vw corrado storm king

vsr manifold

Hi

Need some help just fitted a vsr manifold and i'm having a few problems. Starts ok but got megga lack of power worse at higher revs need to know if there something i got wrong with the wiring to the control box or if i have another problem i also need the wiring diagram to the air flow meter found a broken wire. Just tought do i need to get the ecu mapped?????

A remap would certainly help. Sounds like you may have another problem though maybe?

Best person to speak to would be Vince at Stealth Racing

Matt

As above.

Had the same problem where there is a surge of power that quickly trails off. Turns out the flap wasn't working properly. A visit to Vince soon sorted that out... plus a remap of course!

Any air leaks around the manifold? Did you use a new gasket?

Could be the flap as has been said. Do you know the manifold was working before you fitted it?

Is it actually a VSR or is it a Schrick?

.....i also need the wiring diagram to the air flow meter found a broken wire....

Could that be your problem maybe?

Could that be your problem maybe?

could be the wiring to the airflow i would like to check the wiring before going any further just don't have the diagram of what colours connect to what pin

where is vince based????

cause the flaps work on vacume i would have thought by sucking through the pipe it would operate the flaps ???

True... however my flap :norty: was catching on the cam cover... Vince had to dremel a bit of the cover away.

As the VSR was designed for OBD1 engines I think it is designed to work with the early metal covers. My car has a later plastic one and was restricting movement of the flap.

Oh and Vince is at CV47 2PT.

cause the flaps work on vacume i would have thought by sucking through the pipe it would operate the flaps ???

True... however my flap :norty: was catching on the cam cover... Vince had to dremel a bit of the cover away.

As the VSR was designed for OBD1 engines I think it is designed to work with the early metal covers. My car has a later plastic one and was restricting movement of the flap.

Oh and Vince is at CV47 2PT.

hmmmmmmmmmmm could be i have a plastc rocker too cheers

Does the controller indicate the changeover, if so, at what rpm?

The default is about 4k rpm. [On the Schrick this is adjustable by dip-switches in the controller.]

There should be a discernible change of engine note and a mild surge of torque at changeover.

There should be a discernible change of engine note and a mild surge of torque at changeover.

In my experience it's more of a slight hold-off at changeover. Sounds like the OP's flap is stuck. Ahem.

Yes - on the Schrick there's a change of note as soon as the valve operates, then a split second hesitation as the new flow pattern stabilises itself, then the mild torque surge.

Does the controller indicate the changeover, if so, at what rpm?

The default is about 4k rpm. [On the Schrick this is adjustable by dip-switches in the controller.]

how do i check the controller operation?????

when you say default is 4k does this mean the control unit sould be wired to the eng speed sensor????

i also know that the diaphrame on the manifold is leaking so the vacume ain't opening but i've got a new one on the way

how do i check the controller operation?????

when you say default is 4k does this mean the control unit sould be wired to the eng speed sensor????

i also know that the diaphrame on the manifold is leaking so the vacume ain't opening but i've got a new one on the way

Control unit should be wired to the RPM pin on the ECU. Don't ask me which one it is..!

RPM signal. Thin green wire with black tracer, it'll be pin 23 or 24 on the ECU plug. Unclip the ECU plug cover, slide it off the wires and you'll soon see it.

Should be earth, +12V and rpm signal, plus the solenoid output, which is a 2 core white cable if I remember right, so 5 wires in total.

I think this has been asked before on another thread but has anyone messed around with the RPM point that the flap moves. Or is 4k deemed the optimum?

this is what i make of it i only have 4 wires on the control unit i think the control unit needs a live and earth 1 wire to engine speed sensor and one to the solenoid and the other pin on solenoid is a earth???

I think this has been asked before on another thread but has anyone messed around with the RPM point that the flap moves. Or is 4k deemed the optimum?

sorry but don't understand what you mean by rpm point?????

sorry but don't understand what you mean by rpm point?????

Changing the point on the rev range where the flap opens

Changing the point on the rev range where the flap opens

you must be on about some sort of adjustment on the manifold control unit or the diaphrame sorry to sound stupid

but i dont even know if i've wiried the control unit up right