Sign in to follow this  
matt buz

dodgy headlight switch

hey

Quite urgent this. My headlight switch has gone wrong. I can still use it but the side lights,only, come on and I have to drive around with my fog lights on. Is it repairable?

Need a new one urgently if not. If anyone out there has got one or knows where I can get one it would be a great help. Have tried GErman Swedish and they dont have em.

I have a 94 L 2.0l 16v C if that makes a difference.

Cheers all

Matt

worth taking to bits and having a look (useful to have a little multimeter handy), passat and polo switches are similar but have the dash light dimming part above instead of to the left. If you can't fix the old C switch by popping moving bits back into place, then you might be able to repair it with bits from the passat switch (should be loads of these at scrapyards)

David.

hey

Quite urgent this. My headlight switch has gone wrong. I can still use it but the side lights,only, come on and I have to drive around with my fog lights on. Is it repairable?

Need a new one urgently if not. If anyone out there has got one or knows where I can get one it would be a great help. Have tried GErman Swedish and they dont have em.

I have a 94 L 2.0l 16v C if that makes a difference.

Cheers all

Matt

im sure ive read some where that a switch off a seat toledo fits,dont know what it looks like though,would be a quick fix to get you going again

My switch was doing the same so i took it apart and found a small peice of plastic had broken off and was jamming the switch so it would not switch on to main beam.When i assembled it again worked fine.

Could be worth a try.

GPC charge £32.50 + VAT + P+P, which works out at around £40. Which is still daylight robbery, for a SAFETY component!!

But less than the stealer price..

Of course, if the damn thing was designed properly, and made using decent heavyweight materials it would last a bit longer than all the other stupid design "features" that we are all coming to know and love about Corrados.

cheers chaps

got a few avenues to go down here. Firstly will open it up and take a look and see if there is anything obvious. After that it looks like I will have to pay through the nose for a bloody switch but it does mean I will be able to see at night.

how difficult is it to take the switch out. Is it a case of pullinf hard or do I have to take the surround off.

Cheers

matt Buz

just reading some posts on the corrado e groups faq's page and someone has used a golf gti headlight switch,just make sure it has 11 pins

just reading some posts on the corrado e groups faq's page and someone has used a golf gti headlight switch,just make sure it has 11 pins

hmmmmmmm

not sure about that. I once put a headlight switch in my golf which set fire to the electrics!!!!! Dont want to risk that with the C

Cheers anyhow