Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

Got my arse kicked today......

Standard on the outside, crunchy on the inside!! Kind of like armadillos :cheers:

LOL whats crunchy on the inside!? :confused4: :shock:

I was paraphrasing from the old Dime Bar advert :)

[youtube:13qgcker]ZwTHVZHqSb0[/youtube:13qgcker]

The even worse thing is that I sometimes have a go at cars that don't even realise what I'm doing, and still lose :lol:

I was paraphrasing from the old Dime Bar advert :)

The even worse thing is that I sometimes have a go at cars that don't even realise what I'm doing, and still lose :lol:

I know that I thought you may have had some small kids eating sweets in the back of your car putting their sticky little mitts all over your seats :lol:

LOL That is the worst when your racing someone and they dont even know it :rofl:

I know that I thought you may have had some small kids eating sweets in the back of your car putting their sticky little mitts all over your seats :lol:

LOL That is the worst when your racing someone and they dont even know it :rofl:

Definitely not! In fact I think only two people have sat in my back seats and neither of them had anything sticky, even the missus isn't allowed in the back :nono:

Its great when you win though, although you have to fool yourself into believing that they were trying really! :cuckoo:

the worst bit that really upsets is when you think the 2.9 v6 is doing about 15mpg keeping up with something probably doing 45mpg+ :(

i couldnt catch up to a seat ibiza the other day then i was gutted when it said FRTDI on the back :(

my poor 1.8 16v.....

Its ok I get embarrased by TDis on the straight all the time mate. :grin: I wasnt too sure why I started this thread. It feels a bit like a self help group now.

"My name is Matthew and I drive a tiny sports coupe with a 3.0L engine that gets beaten by family hatchbacks on a daily basis" Ahhh that feels so much better to get that out :lol:

Unfortunately that's progress for you, 200+ hp is standard these days for any moderately fast hatch. The old NA 12v can't keep up with all these four pot turbos. :(

That's why I supercharged mine. :clap:

Who cares - we look a good sight cooler than any of these crappy corsas, seats, [strike:2id9bh7b]lambos[/strike:2id9bh7b]. Well thats what i tell myself anyway...

Who cares - we look a good sight cooler than any of these crappy corsas, seats, [strike:1260tbrd]lambos[/strike:1260tbrd]. Well thats what i tell myself anyway...

Exactly, I didn't care 2 days ago when some Mitsubushi evo X left me and my VR6 going up a hill. I know us 'rado's are more stylish and discerning, if the Evo is microwave meals from Aldi, then the 'rado is organic foods from the foodhall at Harvey Nicks.

im currently doing some 'work' on my corrado so still driving my 1.3 8v swift and last night the local toyota celica gt4 decided to overtake me as we got onto a pretty residential road, if only i was in my corrado, i bet he wouldn't have been so smug :mad2:

CL500? My mate used to have one. Normally aspirated version of the SL55 engine. Wasn't very quick at all tbh.....car felt too big and too heavy and had precisely zero steering information :lol:

Good cruiser, but a sports car it isn't :D

No it was the CL600 :grin: I thought a 5.5L twin turbo V12 sounded rapid. The 0-60 in 4.8 secs and 590lb ft was impressive anyway!

Prefer the 65! 8) - as Kev says for autobahn cruising.

There are a few about, but a half decent one fetches over 30k, even now. And the mpg - you gotta be a sheik!

There are a few about, but a half decent one fetches over 30k, even now. And the mpg - you gotta be a sheik!

Yep thats why I prefer the CL600 :lol: You can get a nice one for £10k. MPG isnt that bad either as in urban situations the engine only uses 6 cylinders 8)

Aye, that's big capacity, low pressure, quick spooling turbos for you :D

Bigger turbos and a higher rev limit would get the power numbers right up!

Apparently it's limited to 811lb-ft as it's all the gearbox can handle... it's capable of 1000+lb-ft torque :shock: Then again, that's no more shocking than the Veyron I suppose, which is capable of 1300hp if not, again, torque restricted.

Still, 800 torques at 2100rpm is completely barmy.... the traction control must be working flat out and therefore you will never truly feel what 800 lb is like!

wire, try a pocket rocket; 175bhp/ltr. Who needs traction control... muuhaahaaa. (i do).

Owned, me in the valver, by a minging Integra type R. oh well, thats 220 for ya, and willing to overtake on a righty bend - numpty! We have no exotic cars by us - shame; i do melt over a nice burble.

wire, try a pocket rocket; 175bhp/ltr. Who needs traction control... muuhaahaaa. (i do).

Owned, me in the valver, by a minging Integra type R. oh well, thats 220 for ya, and willing to overtake on a righty bend - numpty! We have no exotic cars by us - shame; i do melt over a nice burble.

Nobs who are prepared to overtake in dangerous sitautions, just to get the win are best avoided! Let them have their moment of glory!

It's funny - I've noticed a real increase in a$$hole driving lately. I got overtaken by some arse in an crappy old Rover the other day in a residential street. He looked old enough that he should have known better. I was huffing along in the Merc (sitting at the speed limit) and he frigging overtook me! There could have been kids or anything! What the hell is wrong with people?! I totally don't mind if I'm doing that down a country lane or something. But a busy street, with kids going to school and stuff?!

It's funny - I've noticed a real increase in a$$hole driving lately. I got overtaken by some arse in an crappy old Rover the other day in a residential street. He looked old enough that he should have known better. I was huffing along in the Merc (sitting at the speed limit) and he frigging overtook me! There could have been kids or anything! What the hell is wrong with people?! I totally don't mind if I'm doing that down a country lane or something. But a busy street, with kids going to school and stuff?!

Try being on a push bike mate, REALLY opens your eyes up to how many nob drivers there are out there completely oblivious to most things around them :brickwall:

I do ride a bike mate - and have almost been knocked off my bike on several occasions through no fault of my own. As you say - it's a shocking eye opener. The worst was cycling around a large roundabout - got right near to an SUV waiting to pull onto the roundabout and when I was about 3ft away from his door he decided to pull out. There is just no way he couldn't have seen me! I gestured abusively and shouted at him and incredibly he gestured back whilst roaring away.. hilarious considering he was 100% at fault!

The worst was cycling around a large roundabout - got right near to an SUV waiting to pull onto the roundabout and when I was about 3ft away from his door he decided to pull out. There is just no way he couldn't have seen me! I gestured abusively and shouted at him and incredibly he gestured back whilst roaring away.. hilarious considering he was 100% at fault!

Yeah I get that a lot, its unreal :cuckoo:

The driving test should be a LOT tougher. And why they dont do retests at retirement age and then retest again every five years I dont know :brickwall:

Yep thats why I prefer the CL600 :lol: You can get a nice one for £10k. MPG isnt that bad either as in urban situations the engine only uses 6 cylinders 8)

But at 10k won't it be the N/A one?

Does it shut down the same 6 cylinders each economy drive?

i got out dragged by a standard looking nova. but my g60 wasnt quite running right. not really 'raced' anything else.

But at 10k won't it be the N/A one?

Does it shut down the same 6 cylinders each economy drive?

Nope 80k miles and defo the 5.5L twin turbo V12

"When driving in the third, fourth or fifth gear below 3000 rpm and with the throttle only partly open, the cylinder-control system deactivates the driver's-side bank of cylinders. A computer adjusts ignition timing and throttle position to make the transition seamless. And it works: the driver cannot tell when there are six cylinders running.The benefit is a 20 percent improvement in fuel economy, which lets the CL600 match the CL500's EPA highway rating of 23 mpg."

I so want one LOL :lol:

The new shape M3 is easily beaten in the midrange with a VRT, but they seem to come back at ya at the top end though!

Easy pray :lol: so are most porsches :lol: :lol:

You turbo guys need to stop it, you are giving my ideas again :nuts: :help:

Ditto, i'm thinkin it might be better to not by any furniture and fixings for my house and have a bean bag to sit on, sleep on the floor, put the dirty washin out to wash in the rain and only buy food that doesn't need to go in a fridge freezer, Then i can spend my savings on a turbo/SC conversion instead :grin: :cuckoo:

Or have a standardish VR, sit back on a nice comfy sofa with a cold beer knowing that the porsche carrea that blew me away wouldn't have stood a chance up against me and the old mans R1 SIdecar :nuts: :nuts: (well upto about 160 anyway)