Sign in to follow this  
Rinse

The Free Valver, Pics update Pg.2

Most of you will remember this Corrado from the Sale and swap forum.

P1020766b.jpg

Phoned the boy up and said I'd pop round to take a look at what nick it was in as he was only 10 minutes away from me. Turned up and had a good look around it with the guy, he was genuine enough to point out anything I couldn't see or didn't notice. A few pieces of rust, and a couple parking dings, nothing major. He took me out on a quick drive with it and It was still pulling as it should and put a grin on my face (I know its just a valver but I was used to driving a diesel. :() Got back and had another quick look around it, asked if there was a fail sheet for the last MOT but it had been lost. Was told it was just the rear caliper and Cat that needed replaced. Thought that was a bit small for the boy to be giving it away.

Thought fuck it and told the boy I can take it whenever he wants and I'd give him £100 for it too.

Later on that day It was picked up.

P22-11-08_1104.jpg

That was October, and with having no garage and no money due to christmas the plans to get it on the road were put on hold.

February comes and I start recovering from Christmas, I start getting it ready for the MOT. Get it put in to the Garage to get a Fail sheet to work from.

Comes out with a pretty amazing Fail sheet from what I expected.

Emissions were just barely over, Rear discs + Pads, Handbrake Efficiency, Knackered Ball joint and ABS light stuck on.

All that was sorted and she was fit for the road. :clap:

P26-11-08_1539.jpg

P26-11-08_153901.jpg

P26-11-08_153902.jpg

There's no service history with it :ignore: but It did come with a lot of MOT slips, a folder full of receipts and pretty much all of the tax discs.

So first things first and gave it a complete service including timing belt.

Then I took to cleaning her up.

Took off the rear wiper as it never wanted to turn off and I couldn't get used to having one either.

P25-03-09_1658.jpg

The tops of both bumpers had areas where it faded quite badly. Took a bit of T-cut to it and now its looking much better.

Before:

P14-04-09_145802.jpg

After:

P14-04-09_145702.jpg

Got rid of the original Rubber steering wheel as it was twisting and turning and doing my head in. Also threw out some rubber Halfords mats (was actually one of the first things I did..)

Managed to get one of these on the cheap from the Black Isle also.

P14-04-09_1457.jpg

Then I got some Pressed plates to top her off.

P14-04-09_145701.jpg

P14-04-09_145801.jpg

Since I have to do something about the stilts it's currently sitting on I got these to throw on, Just waiting for some space in my mates garage to get em on.

P14-04-09_1507.jpg

£100 seems a bit steep! Only jokin mate, looks like you've had a right bargain. 8)

You could have just broke it and made a shedload of profit, glad to see another one being saved instead! :clap: :salute:

£100 seems a bit steep! Only jokin mate, looks like you've had a right bargain. 8)

You could have just broke it and made a shedload of profit, glad to see another one being saved instead! :clap: :salute:

That's what went through my head when I said I'd give him money. That if it was a disaster in the MOT area I could just break it and make back that £100 easy.

But since I was already looking for a Corrado/Mk2 I wanted to save it if I could within my budget. Which it was.

Better me Driving it than it being in pieces!! :luvlove:

£100, thats genuinely quite sickening... :pale:

you know a new foglight, of which you have 2 of the uncracked variety, costs more than £90 these days?? :(

You can thank me (I think). Im glad your getting is back into shape.

Yeah it was you that brought it to my attention! I normally was checking this forum now and again for Rad's showing up in my price range but hadn't checked it for a couple days. I thank you sir!

And I'm pretty sure theres a small crack on each foglight. They don't work either. I'm not fussed though as its summer and I can't stand when twats drive about with thier fog lights on when its just dark... :censored: I'll sort them after it gets foggy again :lol:

ok, thanks for making me feel a little better.. though "not a lot" as paul daniels would say! :)

Coilovers fitted. Fronts need to go down a touch more though.

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

Rears aren't sitting right, ones lower than the other! need to sort it once it drys up.

Next up is sorting the exhaust.

Nice motor...bargain!!!!

Would check how much clearance you got between the coliovers and the side of the wheel/tyres. Alloys look quite tucked in, might be pressing or rubbing on the spring, if they are bung on some spacers.

Went out with my mate and took a few photo's of it today, was meaning to get better photos of it anyway!

Just now I'm toying with the Idea of selling it though, costing me too much money on petrol and insurance and I've got a mate very interested in it.

Don't worry though, If I do sell it she's made enough of an impression on me to get another Corrado... Next time though, G60 :luvlove:

vwsep6.jpg

vwdrive6.jpg

vwhdr6.jpg

vwback6.jpg

It must be worth at least 10x what u payed for it now!! Bargain and a half tbh. Looks quite nice now, a new set of rims will set it off a treat!