Sign in to follow this  
zak

VR6 Bent Valves

Last year i had a head refurbed with new valve guides and seals, lapped the valves in,skimmed the head by 8 thou and fitted new ina tappets. After it was fitted the intermediate pulley came loose resulting in 5 of the valves being bent after coming in contact with the pistons. After this i decided to fit a replacement engine complete as i came across one with low mileage, now i want to refurb the head whats the best way to go about it. Should i start fresh with the head on the replacement engine or can i take the valves out of the head on the replacement engine and fit them in to the head i refurbed last year?

Cheers Karl i'm going to view it tonight and just want to weigh up whats best to do.

a mate years ago had a vr6 head done by JP and it was awesome. he is the best guy anywhere for doing vr6 heads.

GET IT BOUGHT :)

To be honest im not fussed about the power, I just want a refurbed head. I want to work out whats more cost efective, buying the head and selling the parts i have left or using the parts i have to make one good head.

JP is a very very clever bloke. Been lucky enough to speak to him a bit about various things. I'd have that in a second if I was looking for a head.

JP is a very very clever bloke. Been lucky enough to speak to him a bit about various things. I'd have that in a second if I was looking for head.

can you see what i did above :lol:

but Zak's not on here at the moment so hopefully he has bought it?? if not, i may well have a nosey at it.

Would this actally offer more than a couple of BHP on a NA engine :confused4:

I guess cams are a must. Anyone got any power figures for similar motors?

JP is a very very clever bloke. Been lucky enough to speak to him a bit about various things. I'd have that in a second if I was looking for head.

can you see what i did above :lol:

but Zak's not on here at the moment so hopefully he has bought it?? if not, i may well have a nosey at it.

Lol!

Yeah... :luvlove:

If you want a flowed VR head.... I might well have one off a VW cup car...

really tom, i'm intrested if you have one.

and Matt, my mates old mk3 vr with one of these heads, and a 6 branch made 220bhp, so it adds more than a couple of ponies.

Yeah I do. Give me a shout some time...

can you pm me over any info on the head please tom, and a rough figure you have in mind.

cheers

karl

sh*t! second dibs on that one please tom!

ya gotta be quick when i'm about mate :lol:

ha ha, yeah, i know. Guess I'll just have to wait a year or so till you've got bored of it sitting in your shed. :lol:

ha ha, yeah, i know. Guess I'll just have to wait a year or so till you've got bored of it sitting in your shed. :lol:

Ouch! LOL

lol this has gone a bit off topic, well im back with the head in my possesion 8) Work looks top notch and its all built up ready to go on :D If i dont mess about trying to get my merc wheels on i might get it fitted this weekend!

Back to my original question can anyone help?

lol this has gone a bit off topic, well im back with the head in my possesion 8) Work looks top notch and its all built up ready to go on :D If i dont mess about trying to get my merc wheels on i might get it fitted this weekend!

Back to my original question can anyone help?

I cant help, Im useless :grin:

But..... hurry up and get it fitted along with those cams so I can see what power it produces :grin: :norty:

matt should only be a few weeks if i can squeeze some time in the evenings, i'll let you know how i go.

Anyone help with my original question, can i take the valves out of a good head and fit them in to the refurbed head with the bent valves? Is there anything i need to consider?

matt should only be a few weeks if i can squeeze some time in the evenings, i'll let you know how i go.

Anyone help with my original question, can i take the valves out of a good head and fit them in to the refurbed head with the bent valves? Is there anything i need to consider?

Just need to "lapp" them in dont u so they seat right (not that i no what im on about :scratch: ). im intrested to see what the gains are from the head and the cams so i can decide what to do with my spare head

how much does it cost to get a head flowed? i wouldn't need any rebuilding done, its quite a new head.