Sign in to follow this  
james28

5th gear

They do, VR6s get very rattly.. What do you think all that sound deadening material under the bonnet is for.. :)

They do, VR6s get very rattly.. What do you think all that sound deadening material under the bonnet is for.. :)

My'n doesnt sound like that :p :)

trust me it will sound the same my car up close is as quite as a mouse but in that studio with mic's high and low it sounded naff on set.

And Jim in in Holbrooks but if i even see a rain cloud the car stays under cover :)

Record it with a camcorder and post it on the internet - I bet it does.

I bet it does aswell but it dont in real life which is what I said in the original post.....'I'm sure it doesnt sound like that in the flesh'

Probably a combination of their microphone and TV speakers. Listen to any VR6 on youtube and they all sound the same, thin and clattery.

They shouldn't list any faults at all imo, cause journalists always get it wrong.

All they've done is left viewers with an impression that an £1800 bill awaits a new VR6 owner and £500+VAT if someone knocks the rear bumper.

Which is fair, as most normal car owners will go to a dealership and pay full whack for new bits. It won't cross their minds there is an enthusiast website where one can be picked up cheap. But even if it does then they will still have to find a decent sprayer and do all this work off their own back, rather than dropping it off at the stealers and saying "fix it".

Although at the time I was thinking what muppet would pay 500 quid for a bumper? :D

No-one pays £500 for a bumper, which is why VW stopped bothering stocking any parts for the Corrado years back .. no money in it..

was that car on 5th gear somebody off the forums

:lol: yeah...it was discussed a little bit on here.... :lol:

james28 is the fellas handle. check about 5 posts up!

Nice work James, car looked great on TV, your looking after her very well! cheers for the pics too!

Matt :)

in Holbrooks but if i even see a rain cloud the car stays under cover

Binley here, but my darkred S4 estate driving business partner also lives in Holbrooks, you may have seen him, and since I very occasionally will take my Rado to his in Holbrooks, you may get a chance to see my C, too. But same as with you, rain and it´s a no-show for my C :D .

Tempest

They all have that though... surely my 16v cam chain isn't as bad as a VR6s chain for rattle?! :lol:

Nice work and nice review, although over a little too quick. Lovely example too, not sure you'd be able to get a decent one for 3 grand though...or, I hope not or I've lost a few quid in 2 years!

agree was over quick although that took 2 hours of filming and setting up doh!!

and they can be had for 3k but when asked how much i valued mine at i told him 5k and looks better now on the split rims :)

in Holbrooks but if i even see a rain cloud the car stays under cover

Binley here, but my darkred S4 estate driving business partner also lives in Holbrooks, you may have seen him, and since I very occasionally will take my Rado to his in Holbrooks, you may get a chance to see my C, too. But same as with you, rain and it´s a no-show for my C .

Tempest

Thats crazy, I live in Holbrooks too - just off of Rotheram Road.

Just seen an old post of yours James -

spotted a mystic blue storm in Coventry holbrooks area N273 EGS

That be me!

Not seen the show but was told bout it by a mate at work today so Ill be giving that a view tonight.

Blimey thats close saw your caar in somerfields there used to be a real mint storm on rotherham road too a green one with private plate not sure its still there.I only live round the corner just off roland ave :)

Yeah that would've been me, getting a burger from the Chippie no doubt lol.

Yeah its still there. Thats actually on the corner of my road. The car is always garaged, ive seen him wash it but never drive it. He's a good lad n knows his stuff, he came and spoke to me a while ago about mine when i was having some issues starting it!

Cov seems to be a bit of a mecca for raddos. If you're passing, feel free to pop by n have a nose round the car, I live in Ladymead drive.

Tempest on this forum does try and organise a meet in Coventry a few times a year (normally in the warmer months) - keep your eyes peeled for the next one chaps as it'd be good to meet you all. As you say, quite a lot of Coventry Corrado's and it'd be cool to see em all out one day!

Definately, Sounds good to me. Will keep an eye out for that.

Sorry to highjack the thread btw!