Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

Audi 80 ?

Hi guys,

A friend of mine is looking into buying an Audi 80 coupe and is struggling......does anyone on here know of a good Audi Forum similar to this one. Looked around this afternoon and nothings come up :scratch:

...or better still does anyone here have one and have any advise/tips ?

Thanks

Danny

ProdigalSon used to have an Audi 80 saloon. For a good Audi forum try Fourtitude. A little quattro biased, but you should be able to get some good help.

ProdigalSon used to have an Audi 80 saloon. For a good Audi forum try Fourtitude. A little quattro biased, but you should be able to get some good help.

I shall give fourtitude a try, thanks

I had one a few years ago.......2.0 8v in cadburys purple(not correct name obv).....cant tell you much about it though other than it was 100% reliable, only needed a service.....everything worked as it should and it was SOLID......no fears if you were to have a bump, never needed to get under the bonnet......my girlfriend loved it too, thinks it was the best car i owned so far.....probably cos i let her drive it :lol:

I had one a few years ago.......2.0 8v in cadburys purple(not correct name obv).....cant tell you much about it though other than it was 100% reliable, only needed a service.....everything worked as it should and it was SOLID......no fears if you were to have a bump, never needed to get under the bonnet......my girlfriend loved it too, thinks it was the best car i owned so far.....probably cos i let her drive it :lol:

cool thanks for that I shall pass the good review on.....he's looking at the V6 mind but I've heard they are pretty solid across the board, although I did read the V6 is a bit gutless. I think its more of a cruiser than a sports coupe though :shrug:

cool thanks for that I shall pass the good review on.....he's looking at the V6 mind but I've heard they are pretty solid across the board, although I did read the V6 is a bit gutless. I think its more of a cruiser than a sports coupe though :shrug:

there's also 2 V6's engines to choose from too,the 2.6 and 2.8

there's also 2 V6's engines to choose from too,the 2.6 and 2.8

The 2.6 has a whole 150bhp!!! and is 5hit TBF!

You want an old skool B2 shape like mine :)

there's only one engine to have in the 80, the 5cyl turbo :)

the cars are built like tanks and never rot unless panels are replaced, but because they are built like tanks they need something powerful to haul them along

unfortunately they don't have a great driving position, especially compared to something like the Corrado, in fact I don't think the steering wheel is even central to the driver's seat :|

my favourite bit is the gear change, courtesy of the engine/gearbox layout, much nicer than transverse VW's

they are a comfy cruiser though, if that's what you like.

there's only one engine to have in the 80, the 5cyl turbo :)

the cars are built like tanks and never rot unless panels are replaced, but because they are built like tanks they need something powerful to haul them along

unfortunately they don't have a great driving position, especially compared to something like the Corrado, in fact I don't think the steering wheel is even central to the driver's seat :|

my favourite bit is the gear change, courtesy of the engine/gearbox layout, much nicer than transverse VW's

they are a comfy cruiser though, if that's what you like.

Thats pretty much what we are finding out......from the sound of it the V6 isnt a sports coupe, but my mate doesnt seem too bothered about this, as long as he is behind me on the road it doesnt bother me either :lol:

Just need to test drive a few now, but finding one is proving quite difficult :o

yup i had a audi 80 in a vinalla blue and has been by far the best car ive ever had. only prob was front wheel bearings which got sorted easily. i had mine looking real nice and really want another. :cry:

yea no worries, let me know if he wants a look or whatever...

oh and word of advice, my mate brought this in March because he wanted a car like my VR6, he has just brought a G60 because its not a corrado, i can see your mate doing the same, tell him to buy a rado :D :norty:

yea no worries, let me know if he wants a look or whatever...

oh and word of advice, my mate brought this in March because he wanted a car like my VR6, he has just brought a G60 because its not a corrado, i can see your mate doing the same, tell him to buy a rado :D :norty:

:lol: