HAha amazing all ways good to know there are some decent coppers out there :D

Got home safely Christmas eve then?

Yeah Cheers Jake! Cath loved your beard by the way... She thinks every man should have a beard! Got home for about 12:30am Christmas day and had to get up at 9am the next day to cook Christmas dinner but It was all good anyway!

that bumper sat in her car for 2 weeks as well! But it's in the shed now. Will probably take it to bits and get it blasted and hot dipped (the iron). It's a shame I'm not needing the plastic bumper but I'll find a use for it.

;)

Good glad to hear it.

Haha the beard came off that night :( had to do it as i was changing departments into the cafe so it had to go :(

Update, Nothing has happened to the car as I'm now unemployed and looking for work. I still have a MOT valid until September though so i may well tax her again if i can find some money. As for things like refurbishing the charger and the like though... that may have to wait.

Sorry to hear that you lost your job. Sue hpe you'll find another one asap.

AS for renovating the charger, I can't fo much better, even though I am in a job, as my salary is quite small, and bills seems to grow by the hour. There will some a time, when you make it for sure.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thanks for the messages guys. I'm trying to keep my chin up... Unfortunately my corrado has other ideas

I've snapped a few bolts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59649[/ATTACH]

Number 15, and 36 have both snapped.

Number 15 is obsolete but i have replaced it with a length of M8 bar and a few nuts.

Number 36 however is more of a pain... Basically, it has snapped inside the threaded bar that is set into the charger support bracket. I've had a garage near m try everything to get it out... Drilling, oxy acetylene torch, taps, reverse screws... It aint coming out for anything. So the garage suggested I get a new bracket and the swap the hole thing. Trouble is the charger bolts are corroded up and he couldnt get them out either :bonk:and without those bolts off I can't get the charger or the bracket off either. Also, The bracket (no.2 in the picture) is also obsolete.

"sigh"

I've ordered what bolts I can from VW as well as a new throttle cable as mine is so stiff it keeps pulling off the pedal but with no money coming in at the moment I may have to untax the car again... I only just got the tax 3 days ago :lol:

Can't see the numbers on the pics, I'm on my phone. Think I have a set of charger brackets in my garage somewhere. If you send me a pic of it I'll have a butchers and it's yours if you pay postage.

Did you get the 4 branch and exhaust on?

Jim

Can't see the numbers on the pics, I'm on my phone. Think I have a set of charger brackets in my garage somewhere. If you send me a pic of it I'll have a butchers and it's yours if you pay postage.

Did you get the 4 branch and exhaust on?

Jim

Ahhh dude that would be life saving thank you!

I'm on my phone just now but when I get back I'll send you a link to a picture of what I need.

As for the exhaust it's been sat in my shed since I got it :lol:. Waiting to get this fixed and get my intake manifold ported before I pop it on. I also need some new manifold bolts and exhaust hangers :)

Sound. Ah never did dig out those studs for you. Will have a butchers next time I'm over the old mans.

Get it on mate, sounds awesome :)

---------- Post added at 8:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:46 PM ----------

Doh just spotted your pm! Think you had one of the pulleys and the tensioner off that one already do pretty sure I'll have it still. Will try and get a price on posting tomorrow if not Monday.

Doh just spotted your pm! Think you had one of the pulleys and the tensioner off that one already do pretty sure I'll have it still. Will try and get a price on posting tomorrow if not Monday.

That's right! That would be great if you could find it mate cheers.

Don't worry about the manifold studs though mate. I'd rather get new ones i think :)

Yep I found it chap, post office was closed when I got there though :( not that heavy though so shouldn't be too bad, will try again on Monday.

They are brand new chap, I got 20 and only used 8. Just need to dig them out, I stashed them in his garage along with half a corrado in spare parts :) need to look through it as his house is up for sale now.

Yep I found it chap, post office was closed when I got there though :( not that heavy though so shouldn't be too bad, will try again on Monday.

They are brand new chap, I got 20 and only used 8. Just need to dig them out, I stashed them in his garage along with half a corrado in spare parts :) need to look through it as his house is up for sale now.

Well I tell you what, I'll PayPal you £20 for postage and for the hassle etc. and if you can fish out the studs then that would be an amazing bonus. Can you Email me your PayPal again?

Been polishing some things to replace on the car yesterday.

From this

[ATTACH]62097[/ATTACH]

To this

[ATTACH]62101[/ATTACH]

I also polished this jobby for the charger belt tensioner.

They're not great jobs but not bad considering the condition they where in and the fact I was working outside behind a shed