Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Golf MK2 Headlights...

Question for those of you with MK2 Golfs, or those of you who might have owned one.

How easy is it to convert the standard round MK2 headlights to the Jetta / Rallye / Corrado style square headlamps?

Not 100% sure but I think the Jetta conversion is easiest. To fit Rallye or Corrado lights you have to fit the Rallye front panel. Either that or its alot of modding with a dremmel.

Don't quote me on that tho. :?

Jetta = slam panel/lights/grill

Rallye = as above but more expensive

Corrado = as above but probably just as expensive as Rallye and harder as the grill will need to be modified

I don't own a Golf yet, but thanks anyway Betty :)

Its just that if / when I ever do, its one of the mods I want to do as I much prefer the square jetta/corrado/rallye style headlights instead of the round golf ones :)

Yeah, I also have 2 Jetta lights lying about but to be honest they look pants compared to the Rallaye - you also need the grill rail.

I had the Rallaye grill on my mk2 for about 6 months but sold it before I broke a headlamp (not cheap and no replaceable lenses like the corrado items), grill also very pricey - I had a proper german lhd one so had to drill out the locking bit from the slam panel and fit one from a golf (the reverse) - did look the nuts tho!

The Corrado light conversion is cool but alot of work i think and to be honest doesnt look that different from the above setup.

If I had a mk2 now I would stick with single crystal clear lights (sigle lights look great on big bumpers) or maybe 4 angel eye's on a twin lamp setup, these lights will be dirt cheap at inters this year.

I'll let you know when I put my Rallye lights in the Corrado and the Corrado lights on my mk2.

angel eyes and crystal lamps look pap on everything, they are official gay styling items for southern monkeys only.

I'll let you know when I put my Rallye lights in the Corrado and the Corrado lights on my mk2.

angel eyes and crystal lamps look pap on everything, they are official gay styling items for southern monkeys only.

TwatVR6, thanks for your coments, i'm sure Jim will find them useful when styling his mk2.

FYI - there is no such thing as southern monkeys... Northern monkeys yes but we are all Faries down here! (hmmm that doesnt sound any better....)

jim,did u really start this topic to find out how hard it is to fit corrado or jetta lights on a golf?i think not-i think u started it to find somit else out-and if so iv also been thinking of doing this to my c,as it certainly would look the dogs b******S! but the question still remains?

I also have a complete jetta grille conversion from R&A design from a while ago it is the 3 bar badgless with grille spoiler cost like 200 quid and never used it if anyone is interested 60 quid + P+P