Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Rado vs Rice : a little test, which do you prefer?

A guy who lives a few doors down has a Supra. Very nice you might think. You would be wrong. Finally he has parked next to me and so I've snuck out and got a few photos for comparison. Which would you rather drive around in?

From the front door, looks ok from here...

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdfIMG00003-20090710-1924.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

His rear vs mine

Book1.pdfIMG00004-20090710-1925.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfIMG00005-20090710-1925.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

Nice fake exhaust, I have a 2.5" decat.

ETKA Corrado.pdfIMG00006-20090710-1926.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

Close up of rear. btw the carbon fibre says THE MUTTS NUTS, there's a misnomer.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfIMG00007-20090710-1926.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

Side windowCorrado92.pdfIMG00011-20090710-1928.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

Fuel flappassat climatronic wiring diags.pdfIMG00012-20090710-1928.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

No, its a Toyota...

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMG00013-20090710-1928.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

Front vs front

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMG00016-20090710-1929.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]IMG00010-20090710-1927.jpg[/attachment:31ay6kv7]

and there's more to come....

screen vs screen, note the huge shift light for a NON TURBO!

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfIMG00008-20090710-1927.jpg[/attachment:4qp7k779]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMG00017-20090710-1929.jpg[/attachment:4qp7k779]

and sides...just noticed his bumper is the wrong colour2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMG00018-20090710-1930.jpg[/attachment:4qp7k779]

IMG00019-20090710-1930.jpg[/attachment:4qp7k779]

and finally the stats:

Corrado supercharged bhp 292.8

Supra non turbo bhp 220

Corrado weight 1240kg

Supra weight 1460 kg

My weight 10.5 stone

His weight at least 20 stone! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now which would you rather have?

One more thing, PLEASE don't put this on BarryBoys as I have to live near him and it might get ugly! You guys can keep a secret, right? :wink: :D

That thing is terrible, and I had no idea how much bigger than a Corrado they are.

Nice air-freshener in yours matey! :lol:

10mins of ripping things off and the supra would be a nice car, i've always wanted either a supra or a skyline

seriously you shouldn't need to ask, but that windscreen sticker gets them pretty even :D

Er.. Did not realise you needed a turbo before you 'qualified' for a shift light?

I'm really surprised at this thread tbh. The Supra is an iconic car and 220BHP isn't anything to sniff at. Your car is supercharged.. It's not exactly a revalation that it's got more power! The 3.0 non-turbo's 220BHP sounds better than 190BHP from the Corrado's 2.9 litre motor.

Did he say something to offend you or something? Sure it's been slighty barried but a few minutes removing some badly judged stickers would see it right.

One looks understated and only really attracts attention from people who know what it is.

The other shouts "look at me I'm a chav"

That is one mingin supra, to be honest I don't mind them is standard form, but wouldn't want one!

They were cool when they came out but to me havent aged well. There too big and to much of a Fast&Furious image these days, as this one suggests.

Er.. Did not realise you needed a turbo before you 'qualified' for a shift light?

I'm really surprised at this thread tbh. The Supra is an iconic car and 220BHP isn't anything to sniff at. Your car is supercharged.. It's not exactly a revalation that it's got more power! The 3.0 non-turbo's 220BHP sounds better than 190BHP from the Corrado's 2.9 litre motor.

Did he say something to offend you or something? Sure it's been slighty barried but a few minutes removing some badly judged stickers would see it right.

Its more the attitude of the owners Jim. We prefer OEM+ and under body mods, the 'go' if you would, whereas the ricers are mostly about show. Its almost epic the lengths this guy has gone to change his car without making it go any faster, he even has a body kit waiting in his garage. Its all about 2 ionic cars, one has been done right and the other has not. They are both drivers cars but I would only be seen driving one of them in their current forms. I figured it would amuse on a friday night, not cause offence. :?

and i will admit to sinning with my air freshener :lol:

Fair points mate. I definately prefer OEM+ and under-the-bonnet mods so see where you're coming from! German cars do generally seem to remain modified in a fairly low-key ways.

Always liked Supras though. The only problem is that they're just a bit too phallic!!

I am a Corrado fan all the way but if you have ever been in a well modified turbo supra (which I luckily have) you would soon give them a bit of respect.

This comparison is unfair. Try this one instead:

Good people, a Volkswagen Corrado.

74292185ys1.jpg

Now a Toyota Supra.

Toyota%20Supra%20BLACK.jpg

Which one would you rather be seen driving now....

I don't think I could ever go rice - mainly as I hate the interors, the styling tends to be form over function and they just seem cheep in comparison to German engineering!

The red one posted earlier in this thread is totally GHEY and the black one above looks super (or should that be supra?)

For a long time I didn't think I'd ever own anything outside of VAG but thats just changed slightly as of yesterday - still going german though! :D

I'm with Toad on this one. Not many Japanese cars really do it for me but I've always had a soft spot for the Supra. From a styling perspective what your neighbour has done to that one isn't really my cuppa, but I liked the superman badge. In my view the Supra is similar to the Corrado in that it's one of those cars that doesn't really wear after market bodykits that well. All they do is ruin some very pure lines.

From a performance point of view you're not really being very fair. If that was a Supra Turbo it would trample over a VR6 and I suspect still give your supercharged VR6 a kicking too even in standard form. As we all know there are plenty of modified Supras out there with 500bhp and upwards.

Although (obviously) I still prefer the VW, credit to your neighbour for looking after his Supra. Like the Corrado there really aren't that many on the roads now and both models need enthusiasts to keep these interesting performance cars on the road.

I have to say guys I love supra's Even owned 1 a few years ago what a car ,But i do prefer my corrado she justhas a differant air about her.Also check out this body kit for the supra a bargain at about 15K euro :D

Easy fellas, it was just a bit of fun. Yeah I know the comparisons are unfair and if he had a turbo it would dick all over my C, but the fact is he hasn't and if both cars were standard it would be pretty even, about 150 bhp per tonne. Plus he has made a good looking car very ghey when he should have been buying go faster parts. I even looked at Supras before I got my VR, but they were a bit too bulky and I don't like they image they mostly portray. :p

Agreed, the guy has no taste in mods/aftermarket bits and has brought a classic car into disrepute. I suggest we stone him at dawn. :nono:

The thing is your mate's Supra and the Corrado above just prove as has already been said that even if you have good taste in the car itself you can still be clueless when it comes aftermarket styling.

that supra shows how retarded some people are when modding their cars, must admit most people do style them very nice, and i always have a sceond glance at them, very nice cars!!

the guy has modded it, exactly as i would of modded it when i was about 11 years old though :lol:

The Corrado is just a much more mature car then the Supra. I love supras but they have a touch of 'boy racer' image to them, especially when they have tat attached to them :lol: