big ben

Big Ben's VRT

Both car's looking really good mate. Should pop over and meet up with you at some point as I'm only down the road!

Impressed with the washing skills in this chilly weather as well... :wink:

yeah you will have to come and check out the VRT when its back on the road mate!!

little update... been concentrating on the 16V as the VRT is off the road waiting for work to be done

few issues recently; drivers door handle broke, so fixed that. Oil light beebing constantly to, so replaced both oil sensors and that annoying problem gone now!

The main problem is i like cleaning my cars (a lot), and im getting a bit OCD tbh! so the daily was annoying the hell out of me!

it looks okay from a distance and i can get some good photos so it looks mint;

1-9.jpg

2-8.jpg

its such a nice colour imo and polishes up mint! BUT, when you look around it the bodywork is pretty terrible! no rust but plenty of other chips, dents, laquer peeling etc etc... Have a look for yourself;

3-6.jpg

4-7.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-5.jpg

7-3.jpg

8-4.jpg

9-4.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-3.jpg

16-3.jpg

thats only what i have taken pictures of!! so i have been setting about giving the daily an overhaul :lol:

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0581.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

yep, to start off im having a full strip down and respray :D then a few other bits doing to it! then i will be concentrating on the VRT for the rest of the year :wink:

nice...loving the valver,you doing the prep work Ben?

nah, being well lazy and my mate is doing it all nice and cheap for me!! another mate who has a VR6 has just brought a compressor so we will be doing some of our own bits soon

Very cool, sure there was another thread somewhere about people having more than one C and ending up spending more on the daily! :lol:

Good work mate.

:lol: what the hel is wrong with us!! We just cant leave our cars alone. Im picking up a Mk4 Tdi daily tomorrow and all I can think of is what wheels and suspension to look out for. TBH I would have left the 16v as it was if its a daily as knowing my luck as soon as its painted some twat would hit it.

cheers guys!!

i have already had one rado wrote off so i know how that feels :pale:

crash3.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash1.jpg

not good!! wasnt a happy chap with that one... but my next car was a VRT so not all bad :wink:

and doing the daily up is in some ways a bit silly, but im always driving and cleaning it so want it to look good, and its depressing me haha, going to be mint soon :grin:

quick update, my car was looking like this yesterday...

it should be done early this week and i cant wait now :D

DSCF0601.jpg

DSCF0602.jpg

all the dents are out now, it had about 4 of them, hate car park dents :bad-words:

I'm sorry but that spoiler just looks rubbish!! :ignore: :lol:

going for this look, should get me noticed in the scene then :nuts:

back-to-the-future-car-dolorean.jpg

quick update, my car was looking like this yesterday...

it should be done early this week and i cant wait now :D

DSCF0602.jpg

all the dents are out now, it had about 4 of them, hate car park dents :bad-words:

I'm sorry but that spoiler just looks rubbish!! :ignore: :lol:

going for this look, should get me noticed in the scene then :nuts:

back-to-the-future-car-dolorean.jpg

LMAO!! :lol:

Hi, just stumbled across this thread and read it from start to finish.

Hat off to you on the detailing. The car looks awesome.

Are you doing the strip down yourself on the 16V?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much is the re-spray going to be setting you back roughly?

after getting my first house this month its been hectic to say the least, but after getting the tinternet today i thought i would update the thread as there has been a bit going on lately...

I got the 16v respray finished, and its come out very nice!! i put the old style grill on and some german style plates as well, im liking the standard look on my corrados nowadays, some pics of how it now looks;

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

very happy with the results, but owning a house and 2 corrados is hard to justify, owning 1 is bad enough :lol: so unfortunately i decided that the valver had to go as the VRT is going no where!! so my mate has decided to buy it, so its going to a good home and i will see it around which is a bonus. I put a MOT on it on saturday, which it failed on the top mounts and a ARB linkage, so no big deal at all for a 20 year old car!!

So....... running the VRT daily will be fun i would think :grin:

having 1 car again will at least have me concentrating on 1 rather than 2. I havent really drove it for at least 6 months, so driving it the last few days has been wicked, its like getting a new car again :)

well i will be updating again soon, just some random pics from the last couple months to finish;

some wax beading shots on the valver;

4-6.jpg

1-8.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-5.jpg

and the VRT and my mates VR. there will be lots of better photos later!! there is 4 of us with corrados now, i have started a bit of a trend :)

DSCF0645.jpg

DSCF0647.jpg

DSCF0651.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0655.jpg

what wax is that on the valver??

megs 16 mate. applied dodo lime prime as base coat for it... very under rated stuff, its as good as the top end waxs for a fraction of the price!!

have you ever used it?

the valver looks great, not really a fan of early cars or that colour, but it really comes out well! shame you've sold it! :)

but i agree, unless you do mega-miles, theres no way a 2nd car pays for itself really.. turbo it has to be!

yep, its a shame i had to sell it so soon though, it has just started to look mint!!

but the VRT is a different level of car... and its only got 70k on it, so i think its about time it got some real miles on it :)

what wax is that on the valver??

megs 16 mate. applied dodo lime prime as base coat for it... very under rated stuff, its as good as the top end waxs for a fraction of the price!!

have you ever used it?[/quote:8qpcoeiz]

im currently using the lime prime, very impressed with it. not a huge fan of meguiars stuff tbh tho i have just used they're mold release wax on my racer.. its got a good caranuba content and so farr im impressed with it so i may well treat the car to a couple of layers of it.

in the last 18 months ive used collinite 915, dodo juice light fantastic, dodo juice diamond white and dodo juice rain forest rub and collinite is the one i always go back to..

Valver looks great! Can't beat fresh paint :)

cheers Jim. It sure does make a big difference having nice fresh paint again, a joy to clean :)

just got to get the VRT to the same standard now, but first it needs the chains doing and some other bits under the bonnet