Sign in to follow this  
deanjames

Differnt in storms and normal vr6s

Storms came with heated leather seats as standard aswel, you can probably get a similar spec VR6 for cheaper than a storm.

There's a full blown guide to Storms in the Exterior section. Many of the items Storms came with as standard such as heated leather seats, CD player etc could be spec'd as options on a standard VR6. Mystic blue was a colour unique to Storms whereas Classic Green wasn't. The BBS alloys were unique to Storms also.

I own one because I wanted to (had an original brochure since 1995) but to be honest you pays your money you takes your choice. Corrados are getting to the age where the mantra is condition, condition, condition.

Storms have a higher resale value - that's about it. They don't do anything better / different / faster / grippier than any other VR6 :)

..... The BBS alloys were unique to Storms also.......

And 8 million Mk3 Golfs? ;)

You could argue the Speedline is more rare :tongue:

VR6 owner with a Storm complex

VR6 - I secretly agree. I prefer Speedlines. :shock: However on the subject of alloys I did make sure my daily driver car (Audi Mk2 TT) was spec'd with 18 inch Turbine alloys. Hence happy to pootle around in the Storm on original BBS.

I can see why storms are more desirable with only around 500 being made, and IMO with price but the current looks of things storms reach upto 200-500£ more than standard corrados just for the grille badge and surround, part of me would love to have a storm just because the exclusivness desirability of one, but thys 500£ towards a set of coilovers ect. I'm after a vr at the moment have around 3600£ to spend what can I expect to get for my money? I'm expecting upto 108k leather heated seats ect

I can see why storms are more desirable with only around 500 being made, and IMO with price but the current looks of things storms reach upto 200-500£ more than standard corrados just for the grille badge and surround, part of me would love to have a storm just because the exclusivness desirability of one, but thys 500£ towards a set of coilovers ect. I'm after a vr at the moment have around 3600£ to spend what can I expect to get for my money? I'm expecting upto 108k leather heated seats ect

For 3.6 I would like to think you would get a very tidy VR.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1252433.htm

With the rare Electric Recaro's; and i reckon reading the link you could get it below the 3.6 you have. Only prob could you live with a Auto

very tidy VR.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1252433.htm

With the rare Electric Recaro's; and i reckon reading the link you could get it below the 3.6 you have. Only prob could you live with a Auto

I phoned this guy yesterday he has spent a fortune on this car and says its immaculate :)

As you say its an auto and that puts me off.Leccy Recaros are apparently like new!!!

At the moment you will not get it for less than £3.6 :(

Worth wtaching though :D

The only thing with storms is I think they should of come with the electric leather recaros.

Nah then that would have made them as good as mine.. :wink:

The only thing with storms is I think they should of come with the electric leather recaros.

& a VW motorsport VSR!!

I'm after a vr at the moment have around 3600£ to spend what can I expect to get for my money? I'm expecting upto 108k leather heated seats ect

Oh :( I'm also after a VR, but with only 3100£ to spend - please someone say I can get something half decent for that :shrug:

So, 'too hot' and 'deanjames' I guess we're all on the hunt :lol:

Storms are 2mph faster in reverse

I reckon we should start putting lots of crazy Storm rumours about (preferably ones that are amost impossible to test/check), so that in a year or so, people actually can't be sure about which ones are true or not :lol:

I seen some minters go for 2750 I hope so thing I've noticed is they are all inScotland :-( am I being fussy with wanting leather ?

Really when /where ??

I havent seen any and I`ve been looking for ages :shock: :shock:

don't think so - I'm really pushing for leather - but if a vr comes along and ticks 4 of my '5 must haves' boxes then I'd settle for cloth - as long as in pretty good nick of course

Was a bit cheeky and emailed 3 very pricey/but mint vr's on P'Heads (all over 4500£!) and enquired would they except low 3's - they all told me to :censored: off

We'll see - they'll be begging me like 3dollar hoes nx week :lol:

Storms also cost more to insure being a group higher :(

They also take more of your time when you have to explain the differences to interested observers (or lack of) gazillions of times.

Other than the uprated ECU and stiffer subframes I can't think of any other differences

Storms also cost more to insure being a group higher :(

They also take more of your time when you have to explain the differences to interested observers (or lack of) gazillions of times.

Other than the uprated ECU and stiffer subframes I can't think of any other differences

Didnt realise they had uprated ECU and stiffer subframe. Whats been uprated on the ECUs from the 'normal' VRs?