Sign in to follow this  
Chris Langdon

Criuse Control

hi,

I was looking through my Corrado owners manual the other night and i spotted that the Corrado's came with Criuse control as an optional extra!!!! i never seen a corrado with it on, does anybody have it fitted to their cars on here, or has anybody retro fitted it and was it easy to fit?

many thanks

Chris

I noticed that a while back and strangely enough there was a kit on ebay going at the time. It uses the other stalk to the mfa and has the same button to control cruise. Im not quite sure how it works though as the throttle body is cable :?

It's not a simple fix in a 'rado.

The just a stalk type kits on fleabay are for later cars that use drive by wire, the first of which are the diesel powered MK 3 Goofs.

For a Corrado you need all sorts of gubins to make it go although it was a standard fit item on the US spec cars so if you find someone breaking a car over there you should be able to get all the bits.

It uses a separate ECU, vacuum controller, wiring loom and a few brackets.

Yep, much more dificult and involved install than a MK4 as it's a vacumm based system.

Fairly easy though if you are running a MK4 based engine in a C like my TDI for example!

Hi mate - Yeah I have one for my G60 somewhere but never did one for the TDI...

It's being painted at the moment so once I have it back looking a bit tidier I will start one I think - it's almost done 100k now too with that engine!

My valver has CC fitted. Think it was an aftermarket job fitted in Germany by the previous owner (car spent most of its life in Germany). There is a small ecu fitted behind panel in centre console and some kind of sensor fitted behind the front grille. Looks to have proper VAG stalk on column for controlling it. Tried it when I first bought car and have never used it since, seems a bit pointless to me in a car that is nice to drive (Also don't really trust it as my C has had more than it's share of electrical gremlins caused by alarm /stereo fitters hacking into the looms).

Rich