James.

Scotts of Sloane Square Campaign

Campaign isnt my cup of tea but big respect for getting it back on its feet and pointing in the right direction :clap: ......wish more people kept their corrados nearer standard like you are, it really would have been criminal if you 'messed' with a campagin....... :notworthy: .........the interior should be worth the wait by the sounds of it.

OSV said:
I think the thing to do with the leather would probably be the pick a new hide in a very close color match and restore the full interior. The original will be aging now anyway.

Considered it for a moment but to be fair under all the dirt,hand grease and detritus the leather once I'd Gliptoned the leather all the interior an was in excellent condition with very little signs of wear so seems pointless having the whole car done. I'd also like to try and keep it as near to original as possible.

P1030127.JPG

The main bits that need a look at with the dash are: Handbrake handle/Gear knob/door handles and if I was being picky the seat bolster as well.

I'll have a look at the Preston meets so thanks for that as well.

Edited by James.

Hi, nice work on the car, i may be able to help you out with the dash. I'll make some enquiries and update you.

Fitted a lights on buzzer today. £1.36 for the buzzer from Maplins. Wired it into the interior light and headlight loom and it works a treat.

Went to the dealers (Corkills Wigan) and got the following:

Battery jacket

Badge clips

Rear washer cover

Oil cap

Other parts are in the Wanted section as they are either stupidly priced or obsolete:

Rear spoiler support sleeve

Engine cover - VR6 DOHC

LH + RH under trays

Scuttle tray water deflector

Headlight lenses

Indicators (both)

Fogs (both inc housing)

Rear qtr glass (both sides) if I can't get them out in one piece.

Clear headlight protectors

Getting a price for the paintjob on Wednesday.

Edited by James.

I'm really glad that somebody is taking the time to rebuild a Campaign, I really wanted to this to my own one, but unfortunately time, money and a growing family were against me.

I'd love to see how this turns out :)

Best of luck!

I've finally nailed the bodyshop down to a date to start the work. 1st Feb 2010. Sick of seeing her in a thousand pieces strewn across the garage. Just want to put her all back together now. Must get onto the leather man.

After literally months of searching, the Leather was paid for and ordered from Germany on Wednesday. The colour is called "Tanin Rot" and is used by Audi in the R8.

Should be with Stuart and Paul at Ashley James auto trim, Westhoughton (01942 816612) the last week in Feb and should all be complete mid way through March.

They're trimming:

Full dashboard

Handbrake trim tunnel

Gear knob

Handbrake handle

Bonnet bra (subject to buying one and taking it apart)

Service folder (material permitting)

Thus far it's all going to plan (touch cloth... err sorry wood). Back from the paint shop at the end of Feb (latest). Start the rebuild on or before the 1st of March, with the dash and last bits of trim to be installed over the last week of March.

I set a deadline of the end of March as I want to tax and drive her on the 1st of April. Just hope I don't end up an April fool !

After literally months of searching, the Leather was paid for and ordered from Germany on Wednesday. The colour is called "Tanin Rot" and is used by Audi in the R8.

Should be with Stuart and Paul at Ashley James auto trim, Westhoughton (01942 816612) the last week in Feb and should all be complete mid way through March.

They're trimming:

Full dashboard

Handbrake trim tunnel

Gear knob

Handbrake handle

Bonnet bra (subject to buying one and taking it apart)

Service folder (material permitting)

Thus far it's all going to plan (touch cloth... err sorry wood). Back from the paint shop at the end of Feb (latest). Start the rebuild on or before the 1st of March, with the dash and last bits of trim to be installed over the last week of March.

I set a deadline of the end of March as I want to tax and drive her on the 1st of April. Just hope I don't end up an April fool !

:clap: :clap: :clap: great news - good for you James. really looking forward to seeing all the pics as it takes shape :D

They're trimming:

.......Service folder (material permitting)

Is that a nice touch/idea from yourself or did they come like that from VW ??......either way strangley sadly cool :)

Wow R8 leather - that's going to see you back a few pennies :norty: . Applaud your dedication - this should be some car when finished.

They're trimming:

.......Service folder (material permitting)

Is that a nice touch/idea from yourself or did they come like that from VW ??......either way strangley sadly cool :)

My idea (take responsibility be it good flak or bad flak). It gets worse though as I want a bonnet bra made in the same colour leather.

I did think about a set of shoes in the same leather but that's just being silly !

Or is it...???

I'm starting to get quite giddy at the prospect of driving her complete again. Though I'm under no illusion that there's a lot of work to be done yet.

I think shoe's would be a little too far, Perhaps a little too much "scene" :wink:

Bonnet bra sounds good though, I remember g60greeny had a bra trimmed to match his interior and it looked ace.

I reakon Luggage would be the next obvious retrim.......your gonna need somewhere to put those shoes afterall :norty:

I reakon Luggage would be the next obvious retrim.......your gonna need somewhere to put those shoes afterall :norty:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is a car i love to hate.......

but purly for the 'what it is ' i love it , the interior is so awful i love it and its growing on me , it really has its 90's stamp on it.

im really pleased for you that you are refurbing to its former glory i would love to see it in the flesh one day , top work so far fella!

Sounds sad but you've got a point. If I'm not careful it'll be like when you go to someones house and they ask you to leave your shoes at the door ! Where do all the shoes go ? Don't think VW ever put a shoe rack on the options list !

Awesome. Can't wait to see some pictures, and eventually, the car in the metal! :)

Hats off to you :salute:

Many people wouldn't be able to spend that amount of money on such an old car, despite it being a significant part of C history!

I'm pretty sure you are not doing it for these reasons but do you think the car will be worth quite a bit when its done ??

I would imagine there would be quite a few people out there whiling to pay a premium for such a car.

I'm pretty sure you are not doing it for these reasons but do you think the car will be worth quite a bit when its done ??

I would imagine there would be quite a few people out there wiling to pay a premium for such a car.

I've "nearly" bought a classic car every year for the past ten years and bottled it every year. Therefore I always said to myself that if the "right" Corrado turned up I'd buy it and keep it, end of.

I remember seeing a Campaign being talked about many moons ago in a magazine article and thought "Hey, that sounds like my kind of car" shortly followed by "Yeah and I'm going to see one of them any time soon". So when this came up for sale I was in the very fortunate position of having time and money on my hands. My last job meant that I had to control budgets and lead times so I simply applied what I know to the Campaign. I've set a budget and time scale for the current work and am currently right on track. I plan to run the car through the six months of summer (or what we refer to as summer) and then set to work next winter on the next stage, which will involve the engine bay and restoring/replacing corroded parts of the car.

No matter how I look at it, it's a labour of love, but I have to be ruthless about expenditure otherwise it could get out of control.

I never plan to sell the car. I sold my 16V four years ago and wanted another after seeing it being driven away (and nearly did on two occasions). Okay there "may" be a time when I have to consider it for the sake of the family but in near future that isn't going to happen (he says fingers crossed).

I never plan to sell the car. I sold my 16V four years ago and wanted another after seeing it being driven away (and nearly did on two occasions). Okay there "may" be a time when I have to consider it for the sake of the family but in near future that isn't going to happen (he says fingers crossed).

.....I had a feeling the response would go something like that - I feel the same about mine mate, but my miss' always says that if someone came along at the right price blah blah !!!....... :nono: I dont think so :D ......thing is with yours is that by the time its finished that 'right price' might just be higher than you might imagine :lol: