Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

Induction Kits / very like Marmite - Need Advice please...

how have you heard k+n are bad :censored: i liked my k&n the only reason i changed it was cause it was 8 years old and i wanted a bmc !! :lol:

Indeed, the venerable BMC is a popular choice :salute:

I won't bore you with the filter testing I've been doing for the past 6 months, but suffice to say, on my VR6 Turbo the standard air box works best. And yep, that includes the paper air filter and sucking in air from behind the headlight, 100% as VW intended :salute:

For a normally aspirated VR6, I'd only use the stock box or a BMC personally.

If you like noise, then obviously cones and drilled / de-snorkled air boxes have their place too, but they give nothing in terms of power. They take it away infact :D

Cheers guys :salute:

what's the item code for the CDA for a VR6? When you put in the car details if doesn't show CDA as an option :brickwall:

Side note: I'm not after noise :lol: , it's purely to get cold air in and increase performance.

So the CDA is the only one that can do this? :shrug:

take snorkel out of your standard box, k and n panel filter, cold air feed. simple and cheap

Side note: I'm not after noise :lol: , it's purely to get cold air in and increase performance.

So the CDA is the only one that can do this? :shrug:

No, the standard air box does that aswell :lol:

Why does everyone think the stock airbox is rubbish??!?

Trust me, it's far from it :D

And DON'T de snorkel it, that just completely f'cks all the tuning VW put into it.

i honestly wish i had the standard airbox on, looks better imo to!!

the way my pipes run it isnt possible though :(

what's the item code for the CDA for a VR6? When you put in the car details if doesn't show CDA as an option

They don't have specif kit for the VR Corrado, all you need is just the basic filter kit (larger type), then get a short length of 3" internal diameter silicon hose (ebay £6) and some jubilee clips

Storm do a Corrado fitting kit for around £20 but it's just these elements so it should be easy to make your own

i honestly wish i had the standard airbox on, looks better imo to!!

the way my pipes run it isnt possible though :(

Shame as it works as well as it looks! It's because you C2 / remap guys have to use a Mass air flow meter. I don't, so I can use any filter I like :D

One of the main reasons I went back to stock was because my compressor blades are showing signs of debris damage from cotton gauze filters letting too much dirt through. It's happened gradually over approx 2 years. I just don't trust cotton filters anymore.

Paper filters have a much bigger surface area than cotton gauze, so it's a myth they don't flow as well. And obviously filtration is second to none :D

And DON'T de snorkel it, that just completely f'cks all the tuning VW put into it.

cant say i can agree 100% with that, the snorkel is best described as a tuned pipe which quietens down the induction roar and serves to restrict the airflow into the airbox.

this topic has been covered many times on many forums as im sure youre aware.

if a cars on the tuning path, the extra flow can be made use of when its mapping time.

Agree with a lot of the above, that many filters are useless - especially sticking a K&N cone next to a very hot VR lump.

My question (and slight hi-jack) is - what is the best filter/kit for use with a supercharger - It's a bit difficult to use a standard airbox with a rather large Vortech in the way.

My kit has a large cone filter that goes down inside the wing in place of the char can - are there any other options?!