Sign in to follow this  
JonnyVW

Best Steering wheel size

Hey guys,

I'm really liking the look of the Momo Team steering wheel for my Corrado VR6 but the largest size they do is 300mm. Wasnt sure if that was maybe too small??

Would a 320mm or 350mm be a better option?

Any advice to peoples past experience wud be great!

Many thanks

Jonathan

I've driven a C with a very small wheel and it's not great TBH, but then I have an Italvolante wheel that's about the same size as the OEM one and that feels a little big, something around 20-30mm less than the OEM ones would probably be best IMO, the C power steering is pretty heavy which is good in many ways but I don't think suits diddy-little wheels.

I tried 300 the other week and it seemed really small. You'd probably get used to it though.

I reckon 320mm is the one to go for, bit smaller than standard but not mental.

Andy

Yeh I got a Momo Jet 320mm, when I first used it it seemed crazy small, but after a day or so got used to it and now I love it!!

I think any smaller Id start having issues...

Hey guys,

Cheers for the input guys.....I think I'm gonna get a 320mm wheel.

Now all I gotta decide is 'which one'???? lol

Personally feel that a good condition original VR6 steering wheel is pretty hard to beat. I've driven C's with RAID and Momo steering wheels on them but always enjoy the feel of the leather VR6 wheel whenever I drive mine!

Personally feel that a good condition original VR6 steering wheel is pretty hard to beat. I've driven C's with RAID and Momo steering wheels on them but always enjoy the feel of the leather VR6 wheel whenever I drive mine!

Yeh I agree the VR6 wheel is pretty tidy!! (Hence the reason Im keeping mine for when I want it back on..!) But I feel its slightly too big, never did measure it but is it something near the 360mm mark?? TBH, my 320mm is perfect for me atm! :D

Hey guys,

Cheers for the input guys.....I think I'm gonna get a 320mm wheel.

Now all I gotta decide is 'which one'???? lol

momojet.jpg[/attachment:155nzfxk]

:clap:

Me personally, I think the momo team is the best looking steering. I wasnt bothered whether it was 280 or 300. But I got the 280mm and it is absolutely awesome!!!!

I would get the 280 mate. I have never looked back and it is definitely not too small. Remember its not the size that counts, its the motion in the ocean.

it is definitely not too small. Remember its not the size that counts, its the motion in the ocean.

:lol: Yeh but u gotta have something actually there to hold and play with :lol:

it is definitely not too small. Remember its not the size that counts, its the motion in the ocean.

:lol: Yeh but u gotta have something actually there to hold and play with :lol:

ha ha, I can see a list of replies coming after that comment! :D

I dont understand how you boys can drive with such small steering wheels......the first time I drove my'n I thought blimey this steering wheel is small (standard size) and every now and again I think the same thing - so I couldnt imagine going any smaller :scratch:

Suppose I really need to try one though :tongue:

I dont understand how you boys can drive with such small steering wheels......the first time I drove my'n I thought blimey this steering wheel is small (standard size) and every now and again I think the same thing - so I couldnt imagine going any smaller

Suppose I really need to try one though

Honestly you gotta try it, you can hold the wheel at 9 and 3, and go round nearly any corner (at rediculous speeds obviously) without having to take your hands off the wheel at any time, just point and shoot. F1 style except in slow motion :)

You soon get used to not being able to palm it when parking but feeding it through is no big deal.

I have a 280mm and a CG-lock to hold me in place and I challenge anyone to throw mine into a series of quick corners and not come out smiling :clap:

The 280mm wheel IMHO is the best feel in the corrado,but visually it looks to small !

I have now gone to a 320mm Issotta,visually looks better,but not quite got the feel of my old 280mm

found this old link by skinnyman,have a look -

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49892

I dont understand how you boys can drive with such small steering wheels......the first time I drove my'n I thought blimey this steering wheel is small (standard size) and every now and again I think the same thing - so I couldnt imagine going any smaller

Suppose I really need to try one though

Honestly you gotta try it, you can hold the wheel at 9 and 3, and go round nearly any corner (at rediculous speeds obviously) without having to take your hands off the wheel at any time, just point and shoot. F1 style except in slow motion :)

You soon get used to not being able to palm it when parking but feeding it through is no big deal.

I have a 280mm and a CG-lock to hold me in place and I challenge anyone to throw mine into a series of quick corners and not come out smiling :clap:

......uhhhmmmm sounds like I should really try one then - although I must say I do enjoy spinning the wheel one handed with my palm in an american gangster kind of way :lol:

......uhhhmmmm sounds like I should really try one then - although I must say I do enjoy spinning the wheel one handed with my palm in an american gangster kind of way

Admittedly I have had to stop driving whilst holding my Glock out the window with my right hand, laying caps into bus stops and drive-thru KFC's, but it's a small price to pay :)

......uhhhmmmm sounds like I should really try one then - although I must say I do enjoy spinning the wheel one handed with my palm in an american gangster kind of way

Admittedly I have had to stop driving whilst holding my Glock out the window with my right hand, laying caps into bus stops and drive-thru KFC's, but it's a small price to pay :)

:lol:

I think the 280 looks absolutely awesome in a corrado aswell as being great to drive with!!!

Plus when you have a lady in the car she will always come out with a comment like: " Is that supposed to be that small" :lol:

aftermarket steering wheels=fail! the look totaly out of place in the cabin wrong wrong wrong! each to there own though.

Umm, ok, yeah....

Of course it is physically impossible to replace the cheap mass produced steering wheel (of which none of them are designed solely for the Corrado's interior, they're just thrown in as a matter of ease and budget) for an item that someone may take the time and effort to choose and spend good money on, to compliment their interior to what they see as perfection

...not entirely sure I'd sum up everyone with an aftermarket wheel as "failing"

Lol, dunno whats goin' on with that 'Corrado' badge on the glovebox!! :lol:

The original wheel is nice, I love it. But I reckon it does make the interior look slightly dated, and much prefer my Momo Jet :D

Momo Jet = Epic win!

Everyones entitled to an opinion lol

I think the wheel is the one part that lets the interior down, it just looks f-ugly IMHO.

It's taken me nearly 3 years to do something about it though, and now have a nice 320mm Momo Corse sitting at home ready to go on :) I think all the Momo wheels compliment the interior very well really.

Andy