Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

Big fat Porsche wheels on a Rado

Does anyone know what the deal is with running 17" 8.5j Rear Porsche wheels on a C?

Et55 I think so with 20mm adapters I'd be about spot on to standard, just worried that with the massive 255 tyres they'd be rubbing on all sorts, anybody managed to run rear Porsche wheels with minimal work or am I better to buy 4 fronts to make life easier?

Wheel size is fine as is fitment with adaptors, tyre size is a joke you need 205/40 or 215/35 ideally

was going to say, wheel size sounds fine. im sure there are more people running similar size and et but mr renshaws old corrado with corvettes ran a similar size, also zak's bbs ch's must have been similar.

but tyre size is an utter joke, it will look shocking and you will need to raise it so it won't rub. as osv says you will need lower profile tyres!

Was planning on a bit of a stretch on the back so those tyres were in line for the bin anyway, that's all good news though

Thanks for yet more sterling advice, Big fat Porsche wheels here I come :clap:

i think if you were to run 255's you would loose some steering and it would tramline like a bugger

but that said in the dry it would be hard to loose the arse end !! :D

Soz didnt say last night. Cups will look great mate. Wonder if you might have some trouble with clearance on the original shocks.

i think if you were to run 255's you would loose some steering and it would tramline like a bugger

but that said in the dry it would be hard to loose the arse end !! :D

It wouldn't even move it would foul on the arches and suspension, great immobiliser

The miminum offset required to clear the rear suspension on an 8.5 wheel will be around et33 depending on your wheel design and ride height, the wheel will site nicely inside the arch at that offset.

I have 245/35/17 on the back of the V8 on 8" wheels with ET35 (I think). They cleared the standard rear suspension before I took it off, although the arches definitely need rolling.