Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kits

PSi and 50bhp - im now thinking this is only if you have a turbo - am I right - and is my original thinking that a remap on a VR6 without turbo will only return 10bhp (ish) and if so will you feel much difference?

I doubt a remap would bring many ponies at all unless you perform some other mod's & as said in the thread the only way to see massive power increases is forced induction

you may be a lucky one & have a standard VR that outputs slightly more than the 190bhp book stats but they are rare

IIRC the main benefit of having a stealth map on a standard VR is the way the vince can get the bhp & torque curves much smoother than factory, thus creating a slightly better feel underfoot.

if you want more power you have to make changes - using myself as an example I got a 10% power increase by installing 263 cams (giving a higher lift than standard cam & thus allowing for an increase in fuel mix to enter the chamber), a BMC air filter (increasing the amount of air getting into the fuel mix & thus creating a bigger bang) & then a remap so as to take advantage of the increases.

on my VR that took it up to 209.8 bhp & I can say that it is definitely noticeable under foot :D

my gf has a storm & it is quite hard to put into the right words but there is certainly a difference between the two

hope that helps m8

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Ok, its a few years later, is this work still available? And more importantly has the price come down?! hehe

I believe they are still doing a pretty steady trade on these drive in / drive out conversions, yes. And no, I don't think they've gotten any cheaper unfortunately.

Thanks Jim, I'm in two minds what to do, tis a lot of money/investment for a rado I bought for 2k! You know anything about these " bolt on" jobs you get from the US? Any experience?

Afraid not. I have driven the Stealth demo turbo VR6 though and it is pretty spectacular. Had it for a few hours and simply couldn't get over the sheer pace of the thing. But sadly my feelings are the same as yours. As much as I respect the folks who've spent the money and had it done to their cars (and of course am really envious!) I just can't imagine spending that kind of cash on a Corrado. Would much rather take the 6k + the value of the Corrado and put it into something that comes fast from the factory. You're square into old BMW //M car money at that sort of budget!

Does it cost this kinda of money (£4000) if you do it yourself?

Sounds epic this setup tho respect to people who have it.

And the rest. Stealth don't sell it as a DIY kit, so you'd have to source the parts yourself and get it mapped later. Stealth at least inspect your base though, so going in with an iffy engine to start with would ensure prices climb pretty damn quickly. That is for a basic setup too, so if you want any more nice to haves then you'd be talking the best part of 10k I reckon.

I always used to think that the VR6T was a common conversion aside the 20v setup. Mental really that for 300-350bhp you'd spend like crazy amounts. It's be noise we all want. Think I'll turbo ABF in a G60 Shell

And the rest. Stealth don't sell it as a DIY kit, so you'd have to source the parts yourself and get it mapped later. Stealth at least inspect your base though, so going in with an iffy engine to start with would ensure prices climb pretty damn quickly. That is for a basic setup too, so if you want any more nice to haves then you'd be talking the best part of 10k I reckon.

..and that assumes that the rest of the car is up to managing the power hike. Brakes / suspension will all need up-rating.

Can a VRT with 350+ bhp get all that to the road even with a LSD without spinning the front wheels up?

Edited by marks2

The stealth builds regularly achieve over 400 bhp, so LSD is a must really. Then you'll want to uprate gearbox internals whilst your at it, which adds up too

The stealth builds regularly achieve over 400 bhp, so LSD is a must really. Then you'll want to uprate gearbox internals whilst your at it, which adds up too

yup, the latter is a must too

just speak to VAG-hag for his experience or look at the old n333PPP build thread

Anyone know what the current thinking on which gearbox internals to go for at the minute? Heard the Quaife is a little suspect, the gemini's disappeared and sqs I can't find a lot about. Might just 02m it. I appreciate this is veering slightly off topic so please delete if required.

Anyone know what the current thinking on which gearbox internals to go for at the minute? Heard the Quaife is a little suspect, the gemini's disappeared and sqs I can't find a lot about. Might just 02m it. I appreciate this is veering slightly off topic so please delete if required.

i would say you are best talking to Vince at Stealth

i recal nick, who owned & turbo'd N333PPP prior to selling, had invested in a set of stronger gears for the standard box to be rebuilt with.

this was in addition to the LSD had had fitted when the turbo setup was done

i think it may have been Jon at Stealth who helped him source the new internals but i might say in members gallery if you can find the N333PPP thread

i would say you are best talking to Vince at Stealth

i recal nick, who owned & turbo'd N333PPP prior to selling, had invested in a set of stronger gears for the standard box to be rebuilt with.

this was in addition to the LSD had had fitted when the turbo setup was done

i think it may have been Jon at Stealth who helped him source the new internals but i might say in members gallery if you can find the N333PPP thread

Ok thanks mate, I'll do that. From memory I don't think Nick got around to installing the set before selling and Vince thought they were OTT anyway.

Wanna pull the trigger on a Wavetrac!

Ok thanks mate, I'll do that. From memory I don't think Nick got around to installing the set before selling and Vince thought they were OTT anyway.

Wanna pull the trigger on a Wavetrac!

i believe you are right & that they had arrived but were not fitted - i wonder if they were sold with the car or not ;)

i believe you are right & that they had arrived but were not fitted - i wonder if they were sold with the car or not ;)

I like the cut of your jib :)

Wavetrac, 3.68, turbo... *grabs cushion*

Edited by Hisnibs

yup, the latter is a must too

just speak to VAG-hag for his experience or look at the old n333PPP build thread

Nick didn't obtain the stronger gearset in the end, he had an LSD though.....

I'd set up a new thread personally, this being Vince's thread n'all. I made that boo-boo earlier :lol:

Good suggestion, removed my post and started another thread.

Nick didn't obtain the stronger gearset in the end, he had an LSD though.....

Yup, took far too long to arrive in the end. As said though, there's lots of VRT gearbox horror stories but I don't think Vince had ever really seen any - if you're aware of when to put your foot down then you should be fine. If i did it again I'd probably go 02M just for peace of mind

Hope you're all well!