Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kits

Yup, took far too long to arrive in the end. As said though, there's lots of VRT gearbox horror stories but I don't think Vince had ever really seen any - if you're aware of when to put your foot down then you should be fine. If i did it again I'd probably go 02M just for peace of mind

Hope you're all well!

well hello there stranger! how you diddling?

VAG-hag had one after the stealth install & IIRC the gears mashed on a stealth RR day too & he had a horrendous drive home :(

poor chap!

i am still a bit peev'd i couldnt raise the funds to buy your rado lol ;)

VAG-hag had one after the stealth install & IIRC the gears mashed on a stealth RR day too & he had a horrendous drive home :(

poor chap!

Oh no! I vaguely remember him telling me now you mention it - whoops :)

Nice to see you're still in a Corrado, I haven't really replaced mine yet... seen and tested a few cars where I've been 90% close to pulling the trigger but I'm far too indecisive. Oh well, the diesel economy in the mean time is a welcome change

Oh no! I vaguely remember him telling me now you mention it - whoops :)

Nice to see you're still in a Corrado, I haven't really replaced mine yet... seen and tested a few cars where I've been 90% close to pulling the trigger but I'm far too indecisive. Oh well, the diesel economy in the mean time is a welcome change

i have 2 now nick lol

Jon at stealth spotted my old valver on ebay & told me about it when i last collected the VR from them - i won the bid the following day lol

currently waiting for the sill welding to be finished on the VR so i can test my new 4 pots :D

are those other 'tested' motors not quite giving the fizz that the rado does?

poor chap!

Time will tell it that was user error of not :lol:

Bit of a bargain compared to most I suppose but for £600 probably worth a punt?

Plus postage at £337.60. Then import duty...

Plus postage at £337.60. Then import duty...

Ah didn't think of that, mmmmmm....maybe not then. I'm sure I've seen a stage 1 supercharger kit from US that's similar money with less added mod's to do, under 2k total think it was?

I think 2k is about the going rate for a stage 1 supercharger setup, which will give you around and extra 100bhp. Completely different power delivery though and there have been many discussions on likes and dislikes of it. A common theme seems to be wanting to upgrade to a turbo after running one for a while though!

I think 2k is about the going rate for a stage 1 supercharger setup, which will give you around and extra 100bhp. Completely different power delivery though and there have been many discussions on likes and dislikes of it. A common theme seems to be wanting to upgrade to a turbo after running one for a while though!

Yeah commonly people went supercharged as it sounds a dream. But for power efficiency turbo wins

So what actually explodes on the 02A box and drivetrain on a turbo? Is it always just the gearsets themselves, or diff rivets or driveshafts and whatever else as well? Just wondering what it'll take to get it truly reliable. I know the rivets will get replaced for ARPs, so is it just case of getting a semi-cut gearset (along with a good service of bearings n'that) and you're good to go for the long-term?

Edited by Hisnibs

A bit of both, rivets shear, clutch forks tend to bend when you fit strengthened clutchs, at around 400whp the gear sets tend to get forced apart but there are special braces available.

Gear teeth strip, especially 3rd.. Basically a gearbox designed for a 200bhp car, when your doubling the power..

A possible solution would be the 02S fitted to various r32's but even they give problems.

A bit of both, rivets shear, clutch forks tend to bend when you fit strengthened clutchs, at around 400whp the gear sets tend to get forced apart but there are special braces available.

Gear teeth strip, especially 3rd.. Basically a gearbox designed for a 200bhp car, when your doubling the power..

A possible solution would be the 02S fitted to various r32's but even they give problems.

So could you use a 6 speed tdi box with a different bellhousing?