Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Calling everyone in the North and Scotland - Join us

Hi all,

Come and meet us en route.

I have finished the route for the Corrado Trip in Scotland.

Date of event - Friday 11th June (from Banbury) to Sunday 20th June.

We are looking for the Scots on the Forum to make us welcome, join us for evening fun, suggesting places to eat (remember we are out every night, so cheap but brilliant !) Take a day off work and join us for one leg of the trip. Rough trip guide attached - at bottom.

There are events on route - A Sprint event at Kames and the BTCC at Croft, 1st and last Sundays.

Plus Scottish highlights including a visit to a Distillery and excellent driving around Kielder Forest.

The most Northerly point is Forres above Inverness.

This trip will enable folk to join the route at varying points, including those from further South than Banbury. We will be at Windermere on Sat 12th June and at Muirkirk (just below Kilmarnock)all day on the Sunday including the evening.

Total trip is expected to be 1157 miles taking between 2 hours to 3hours and 45 minutes driving daily.

PEOPLE JOINING TRIP

Me-obvioulsy - Wendy - Full Trip

Corozon - John Myunyard - full Trip

2cc - Chris Stevens - Full Trip

Judith and Kip - Judith& Paul - Sunday to Sunday

too hot - Day 3, Sunday

easypops - Day 3 & 4, Sun & Mon

PaulMoVR6 - Day 5,Tues, plus hopefully

Yandards - Day 5 & 6, Tues & Wed,

coullstar - days 6 & 7, Wed & Thurs

craigowl - Day 8 - Friday

lilfuzzer - Day 9/10 Sat/Sun-last weekend

jimmyvwjunkie - Day 9/10 Sat/Sun -last weekend

Wendy

Overview Road RallyJune 2010 #.xls[/attachment:33xowchf]

Certainly hoping to do some of this Wendy, have to see how work goes though :roll: but will be doing some of it :grin:

Thanks for arranging a superb trip :salute:

We'd have been up for this but still got issues with our gearbox and we went to Skye on holiday last year. Its a bit far up but if you get chance go, some ace roads and the scenery is awesome. Lovely place.

Anyone else fancying this one? Jude And Me are going for most of it, be a nice change to do this with a bit of a posse :clap:

Hopefully I will get to the Muirkirk leg.As I`m only 15 miles away it would be rude not to :o

Might even have the Corrado back on the road for it :)

Hopefully I will get to the Muirkirk leg.As I`m only 15 miles away it would be rude not to :o

Well as I will be driving almost 600 miles to get to Muirkirk it will be great if we could meet some locals! Can you have a think about any good pubs or curry houses locally that we can use on the overnight stop (and possibly use to meet you at?)

John

I would love to do this, iam up in Inverness so don't know how much of the rally i would be able to do but iam defenetly up for this :D

Be great to meet up with a few Scottish owners somewhere on the road :wave:

Yeah i would like to do that, if you could let me know nearer the time what days you would be up my neck of the woods i would be more than happy to tag along :D

This is great, numbers increasing. :D

PaulMoVR6

We will be in Oban on Mon 14th June, Inverness Tues 15th, and Balmoral area on the Wed 16th.

So hopefully you will either be able to join us for this section of the Tour, or if not, one or two evenings.

I will be posting up Full Tour details soon, so hopefully we can encourage all our North of England and Scottish Corrado Owners to met up - in the evenings if nothing else.

Hopefully too, suggesting of places to eat.

Although remembering, we will be constantly eating out, providing fuel for the car and staying in B&B's, so cheap and excellent is what we will be after. :)

Look forward to meeting up with you.

Wendy

Well as I will be driving almost 600 miles to get to Muirkirk it will be great if we could meet some locals! Can you have a think about any good pubs or curry houses locally that we can use on the overnight stop (and possibly use to meet you at?)

John

Work,wife and Corrado permitting I am now hoping to do most of the Scottish leg of the trip :)

Should be ok with plenty of advance warning (thats the wife not the work!! :D )

Whats the plans for Muirkirk are you planning on staying up there or heading towards Glasgow that night?

Its a bit of a one street village with very little there apart from the small sprint track.

If you wanted to head down towards Ayr or Prestwick thats where I stay you could have an overnight stay there.

Its only about 15-20 miles from Muirkirk

Plenty of curry houses, pubs,guest houses and hotels and its nice!!! :)

Staying overnight would also give you an excellent route the following day,heading up the west coast,(avoiding Glasgow) going over the Erskine bridge and up along Loch Lomondside heading for Oban or Fort William.

Some absolutely brilliant roads and scenery up there 8) 8)

Would be a joy to take the Corrados up that way!!!! :norty: :norty:

Wendy has been busting a gut getting accomodation sorted for those already committed ( :cuckoo: ) and has chosen Darvel as our place or residence for Sunday 13th.

We are in Oban itself Monday.

Inverness Tuesday is not finalised yet

Braemer Wednesday. Accomodation around there has been a struggle and the place booked is not big.

I've leave it to Wendy to advise where we are in each town as I think some places are only reserved and not confirmed and I wouldn't want all her hard work to be ruined by everyone jumping in ('cause our rooms are the reserved ones as we have not confirmed hols yet!!!!)

Hope to see you, and a few others up there somewhere.

Work,wife and Corrado permitting I am now hoping to do most of the Scottish leg of the trip :)

Whats the plans for Muirkirk are you planning on staying up there or heading towards Glasgow that night?

Its a bit of a one street village with very little there apart from the small sprint track.

If you wanted to head down towards Ayr or Prestwick thats where I stay you could have an overnight stay there.

Staying overnight would also give you an excellent route the following day,heading up the west coast,(avoiding Glasgow) going over the Erskine bridge and up along Loch Lomondside heading for Oban or Fort William.

UGH !!!!

I have literally only a couple of hours ago confirmed all our accomodation - except Inverness.

Thank you for the offer though, dependant it more join the trip, we may still take you up on your offer.

As Judith said, we are staying in Darvel - superb looking place too. They have also provided a list of their recomendations for eating.

The dates are set 11th June to 20th June. We will be in Muirkirk for the Sprint Event on Sunday 13th June.

I am sending you a PM

UGH !!!!

I have literally only a couple of hours ago confirmed all our accomodation - except Inverness.

Thank you for the offer though, dependant it more join the trip, we may still take you up on your offer.

As Judith said, we are staying in Darvel - superb looking place too. They have also provided a list of their recomendations for eating.

The dates are set 11th June to 20th June. We will be in Muirkirk for the Sprint Event on Sunday 13th June.

I am sending you a PM

Oops sorry!!!!! :)

Typically of me just too late :( :(

I got your p/m and had a look at the CCGB website and read the trip itinery.

Looks good :)

I will defeneltly be up for meeting up at night in Inverness on the tuesday and hopefully joining the rally (work depending) for a couple of days after. Will be good to see a few off use from down south and your cars :D .

I'll be doing my best to be there Sunday 13th.......and maybe the drive to Oban on the 14th :D

The more the merrier !! :D

Easypops - Let me know if you need somewhere to stay on the Sunday evening.

Wendy

No need Wendy thanks.......I'll be going home, Glasgow isn't that far away :D , and i dont drink .Then i'll back down early monday or join in the convoy to oban somewhere along the line :D

Cheers

Martin

Should still be ok for the Thr.

This is looking very unlikely, car wont be ready I reckon.

Well its going to be a nice weekend, so pull your finger out and get on with it !!!! :lol: :lol:

Serioulsy, hope you do get the car fixed in time.

If not, come and meet up with us anyway while we are in the area.

Wendy

Sign in to follow this