Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Fitting Samcos, Charger and the rest

Hi

I have got these from the recent Group buy on the E group and was wondering what would be involved in fitting them? I had a look the other day fitted two and could only see where a few would go. At one point wondered if I had the right set lol :lol: :lol: . Anyway looks like there is a lot more plumbing involved than I envisaged. :roll:

So should I just pop it into my friendly mechanic or give it a bash myself. How long should it take them to do this?

It looks like I may need to remove the charger for some of them, which is where I would call time out. Could it be done with some ramps or should I quit whilst I'm ahead.

Feel free to tell me I’m talking utter crap and my next door neighbours dog could do it without much hassle. :cry:

Also is there anything I should get done when I drain the radiator etc? :idea:

Thanks in advance

i've heard the hoses are a bit of a hassle to get in.. haven't done it myself though.

if it were me, having a beater to drive around, i'd just pop off all the hoses and put it back together bit by bit.. but if you're not sure you have the right set, or knowledge to do this, i wouldn't start taking the car all apart, especially if it leaves you stranded.

while the rad is drained flush it out real good with a hose, just stick it in the overflow, and let it run through and out the bottom. might want to fill the car with water, drive it around for a bit, then empty and flush again if you want to be really thorough.

good luck :D

I think I can handle the scraped nuckels with thick black engine gunk in there.

:mad:

So it can be done no need for any special tools, ramps etc.

I can live without the car as I can walk to work get the train or bus. :D

Cheers

My Group Buy ones are on there way, (purple) i was looking at the engine bay and its going to be a bastard to fit them!!

Yeah wait till they arrive there is all sorts in there.

As I said I reckon I'll have a few extras left over at the end lol

Yip about an inch in diameter. One of the many where the &*^% does that go?

And its stright.

Shed some light?

:shock:

Right under the car, its the drain pipe!!! remove this to drain the coolant!!!

take some pics and i'll tell you where they go!!

Will get a hold of my mates camera. Easy Andi!!!

They could have stuck in some instructions but I guess when you pay that much money for some silicon pipes they can't afford the paper.

Are yours going snail mail Nigel?

Thank god I have a uprated Drain pipe :lol:

Nightmare surely they must be anyday soon. Unless the post man is having a siesta :)

Still think you got the best deal poor mail but so many good points like not having your car caked in grim and salt :mad: for most of the year.

i hope to get them buy the weekend, then i need to get the pipe clamps as the oem ones are to small and will look crap with samcos (samco are thicker walled so i have been informed)

hey tony......you could always chum up young mr curley on sunday and see if he's on for doing a homer/casher/foreigner....after the rolling-road-day of course

Who is young Mr Curley? By the looks of things it may take a while. But is always an option.

Cheers

young mr curley is jim curley's(owner of star-performance)son brian,who is also the only mechanic there.........but he does have a golf g-60 so i reckon he's done them a few times and he'll be wanting spending money for gti-international....though just speak to brian while his dad ain't looking :wink:

Yeah I thought you meant Brian. But he had no curls at the Stirling meet and I reckoned as it was his dad's garage he would not do that. But its good to know 8)

OK I had a look at where all the pipes go and I've booked the car in to get it done tomorrow. The ones under ther charger look like a real nightmare to get at.

I'll post how I get on

Cheers

OK I had a look at where all the pipes go and I've booked the car in to get it done tomorrow. The ones under ther charger look like a real nightmare to get at.

I'll post how I get on

Cheers

so you'll win the award for the nicest under bonnet plumbing on sunday then :wink: :lol: :lol: LOL

Fat Tony, Have you got your pipes fitted yet?

Mine arrived this morning, I've ID'd most of them from memory, two have got me thinking where the Feck do they go!!!

Yeah got them fitted trying to reduce the pictures down I can send them to you if you wish or if you let me know I'll see if I can spot them on mine. I got the mechanic to do it had to keep it in over night as it took him longer than expected.