Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

That does sound v good value and I like the decision making parameters.

Intercooler plumbing could be interesting!

Any chance of some bhp, torque and boost curves, Vince?

I think I'm a lucky guy because my missus has said she'll go halves on a turbo conversion in a couple of years time once the rest of the car is up to the job (she loves the Corrado as much as I do!). Looks like I know where we'll be coming to get it done :D

Great post - thanks Vince. Covers pretty much all the bases there I think? :)

I think I'm a lucky guy because my missus has said she'll go halves on a turbo conversion in a couple of years time once the rest of the car is up to the job (she loves the Corrado as much as I do!). Looks like I know where we'll be coming to get it done :D

Does she have a sister? :wave:

Blimey, that sounds like a really good system. Almost makes me want to buy a VR....

I don't think I'll be running that one past the long haired general unless I can convince her a Turbo is a actually a cheap fix and a long term investment that will save us money :wink: However, a seed has been planted.

Will look forward to seeing some pics of the layout.

No, but she's got a brother. Not sure if you'd be into man-love THAT much though? :camp:

I'm not but my brothers might be :camp: hmmmm, how far will I go to get a turbo! :lol:

Great post - thanks Vince. Covers pretty much all the bases there I think? :)

Performance curves? :?

Give the man a chance!! :D

Vince - if you can, overlay the S/C and VR6 turbo plots like we did on Friday. I think that will REALLY hit home the difference between the two :D

How long are you looking at the car being with you for this? When are you taking first orders?

Orders are being taken at the moment, some of the parts we keep in stock some we order in as necessary.

A deposit of 2K is required at time of order, 2 weeks after deposit we should have all the parts ready to fit.

We then need your car for 2 weeks to carry out the conversion.

Let me know if you have any other questions?

Vince

Foook those figures are impressive looking!

Saw the demo car at the recent rolling road day and it really did look about as factory as you could get for a turbo conversion. Cooling system was brilliantly executed so that the front end could stay stock looking. 8)

With Grill This Time

Forgot to mention the intercooler is twice the height of what you can see in the first photo, it goes right down and is about level with the coolant radiator.

For the level of boost we are currently using there is more than enough flow through the grill to bring down intake temps to adequate level. With the lower bumper grills removed and a cleverly mounted air scoop cooling would be even better, we will save this mod for stage 2 :D

Front-Grill.JPG[/attachment:bx1ckv2e]

Would air con pipework etc be a problem in the bay?

umm, Aircon, It took a lot of work to get that intercooler in there. I reckon to be honest it would be a problem.

Next time we see a Corrado with aircon in the shop I will have a look and see if anything is possible?

I don't hold out too much hope though :(

I am so excited having seen the curves (shape as well ad figures).

I'll be in touch again Vince - I have the money for the deposit, but no idea about the insurance or how the missus will take this! If she's okay with it, I'm definitely up for it. Thanks for the photos you sent me the other day as well - been to chocka with work / case of the brad pitts to reply until now!!! PS I have air con, so you can take a look if I pop up over the next couple of weekends.